Baptists and Calvinism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's like that in the northern Alabama area, as well. As a (soon-to-be) former SBC member I can tell you that being a SBC and a Calvinist places a big red target on your chest. Members of our church sought me out simply to tell me how unbiblical my beliefs are.
 
What is sobering is that any denomination can in fact reverse theologically over time and paint those in line historically with their denomination as the crazies.
 
Well, I won't go into detail now, but we just left our SBC church after 10 years. I was a deacon for 6. I had numerous talks with the staff. My pastor has problems with the "L" in T.U.L.I.P and has stated to me that he won't preach it.
 
I agree...

I am unsure why they want to stay in... On the surface I understand why they want to reform the sbc but History has shown that all efforts to remain in a church and try to reform the church that goes down the road of errors ultimately fail and they (The Orthodox) must either remove themselves or be jettison....

Michael
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top