Baseball 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AL rules!
264902.jpg

[Edited on 7-17-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Yes., sadly I must admit the AL does indeed rule. They also slaughtered the NL in interleague play.
smiley-faces20.gif

I hear the Mariners might be interested in A.Soriano I dont mind as long as we get rid of everett and make Soriano our left fielder and use Perez/Ibanez as DH. Or get rid of Beltre for Soriano and move Soriano to second and move Lopez to third.

yeah, the link is working. Nice pic by the way.

The twins are on the verge of a third streak of at least 8 wins in a row. If I am not mistaken, that would be a major league record for one season. :p

25226394.jpg

The Mets magic number is down to two.......2!!!!!!! The Braves have been dethroned. For all the chest thumping of the AL, who has the best record in baseball? The New York Mets.

Playoffs, here we come!

22863237.jpg

Mets Sweep Dodgers!!!!!

On to the NLCS!! Bring on the Padres or the Cards!! One more hurdle until the World Series!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Originally posted by BaptistInCrisis
On to the NLCS!! Bring on the Padres or the Cards!! One more hurdle until the World Series!!

Woo Hoo!!!

Ah, come on, Bill!! I thought I liked you! :lol:

Wouldn't it be something for the Mets and Cards to meet again. '69, right?

I love baseball. I'll even root for the Mets if they make it to the World Series................I can't believe I said that!! :rofl:

Originally posted by Ivan

Woo Hoo!!!

Ah, come on, Bill!! I thought I liked you! :lol:

Wouldn't it be something for the Mets and Cards to meet again. '69, right?

I love baseball. I'll even root for the Mets if they make it to the World Series................I can't believe I said that!! :rofl:

The Mets and Cardinals have only met in the post-season once, back in 2000 when the Mets won 4-1 to advance to the World Series. In '69 the Mets blanked the Braves 3-0 to win the pennant, and then bested the Orioles 4-1 to win their first World Series.

Two things make me very happy in baseball. 1. The Mets winning. 2. The Yankees losing. Since both are occuring this year, I am more happy than a pig in slop.

:banana:

The Mets and Cardinals have only met in the post-season once, back in 2000 when the Mets won 4-1 to advance to the World Series. In '69 the Mets blanked the Braves 3-0 to win the pennant, and then bested the Orioles 4-1 to win their first World Series.
quote]

Well, I wasn't referring to post-season play. There wasn't any in 1969. That year Tom "the Terrific" Seaver pitched the New York Mets into the World Series, as the St. Louis Cardinals sank in the west.

How old are you anyway?! :lol:

I am old.....:spurgeon:

In honor of the St. Louis Cardinals making it to the NL championship series I have changed my avatar.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back