best round ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
I was playing golf. Up until now I have never driven the first green in one. But here it was an exceptional drive which landed just two feet from the hole. I know fishermen exagerate the length of fish that got away and golfers tend to minimise the distance drives land from the hole and maximise the length of sunk putts. But this really did land two feet from the hole (in fact it was less probably just 1 foot)

There I was way back on the first tee with my ball so close to the hole on the fourth green. Should I have putted out the fourth and claim I did the first four holes in 2 shots (assuming I didn't 3-putt) to make it one of my best rounds ever?

Stuart,
What did you think of the Open? I was rooting for Norman, but I'm glad Harrington did so well. He seems like a hard-working, modest guy.

The fourth green at the course you were playing--was it left or right as you teed off? Either way, that had to be quite a slice (or hook).

4th green was on the right and was only vacated seconds before I drove. I would have liked to have seen Norman win (more for sentimental reasons) but was equally pleased with Harringtons win. I was disappointed Norman dropped so many shots in the final round. I was enjoying it and was hoping for sudden death play-off.

Next thing is the Ryder Cup and both heart and head say the Europeans will retain the trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back