Brainstorming, fun things to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
We had planned to go to Water Country in NH today, but its rainy and cloudy today and the forcast for tomorrow is pretty much the same. We've decided to use the tickets some other day when the weather is bad.

Of course, the kids are disappointed because Water Country is really fun, so I'd like to find something else fun to do today and/or tomorrow. I'm googling for fun things to do in our area, just thought I'd see what fun things y'all do on rainy days.

You might find tripadvisor.com helpful in assessing attractions and hotels. There is now a "Things to Do" link off the home page.

sometimes we rent movies or go to a movie, sometimes we go bowling, sometimes we just stay home relax reading books or playing board games.

When we rent movies we pull the couch bed out and curl up together, get some snacks and watch the movie.

we've also been known to make sub's and have a picnic here on the living room floor.

one year my kids got out the camera set it to video and went outside and made a 'news broadcast' of the weather..other times we've gone out and road bikes through the water puddles or just rain through the rain..

Lots of things you can do even when it's raining to make it fun..

Yes, your kids might think your crazy, but those are the things they will remember..

I'm not sure if you've got them there, but in Canada, we used to have these books (usually sold by kids going on mission trips) that cost $30 but had hundreds of dollars worth of coupons in them. We would check in there, and usually find that our city (or somewhere close by) had some historic house open for tours or some other such thing that we never knew existed. And it was usually quite cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back