Can Satan read your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von

Puritan Board Sophomore
He can "fill someones heart" as in the case of Ananias. And Jesus told Peter to "get behind me, Satan", but can he read the minds of those that are in Christ (and maybe inject thoughts, as Bunyan thought)?

As in literally know my thoughts before I speak them, or in using his advanced abilities to anticipate one's thoughts based upon one's behavior? The former is speculative, the latter more likely.

Earl? :stirpot:

[For those who don't know, Earl (Earl40) has some pretty strong opinions about Satan and demonic activity - I expect he would love to contribute here!]

As in literally know my thoughts before I speak them, or in using his advanced abilities to anticipate one's thoughts based upon one's behavior? The former is speculative, the latter more likely.
I meant the former, but I guess the latter is more probable... I think the former is almost attributed as something only God can know (Psalm 139).

Not really, no. Satan himself probably doesn't care too much about low-level people like us. So can demons read our minds? Not in the psychic sense, no. But they can anticipate behavior.

Unless you are like Nietzsche who made a pact with Satan. In that Satan probably had free access.

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. "- 1 Timothy 1:17

Earl? :stirpot:

[For those who don't know, Earl (Earl40) has some pretty strong opinions about Satan and demonic activity - I expect he would love to contribute here!]

This is an area I am rather dogmatic about for sure. :) No satan cannot read our mind, in a Kreskin type of way, as many assume in the Christian world today. I would go a step further and say satan cannot, and is not allowed, to act as he did in the garden with Eve, or with Our Lord Jesus when He was directly tempted in the wilderness.

Now in saying this I can say I am tempted by satan in an indirect way every time I sin, and look to myself alone for any blame or guilt as James says..." But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed."

PS. I do not "love" sharing my conviction in this area, other than if I can help people get away from the superstitious beliefs I am glad to do such.

He can "fill someones heart" as in the case of Ananias. And Jesus told Peter to "get behind me, Satan", but can he read the minds of those that are in Christ (and maybe inject thoughts, as Bunyan thought)?
Satan cannot read the minds of the saved, as we are protected by the Holy Spirit , but he can see how we operate and has a long time of dealing with humans to know how we think and act in certain circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back