College Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote:5be7fdf49f="Steadfast"]I want a strong Big Ten...every year I root against every team in the Big Ten [i:5be7fdf49f]except[/i:5be7fdf49f] Michigan during the regular season but still want the conference to be strong, nationally (figure that one out if you can, I haven't been able to)...

As I say I root [i:5be7fdf49f]against[/i:5be7fdf49f] every team in the Big Ten except Michigan...until Bowl season, then I want them all to clean up...and, as often as not, they do...

Just not last year...

So, I'd like nothing better than to see PSU improve...and I'd also like nothing better than for Notre Dame to get off their high horse and petition for membership in this, the best of all College football conferences. We aksed them once and they turned us down...but I think things have changed...[/quote:5be7fdf49f]

Michael,

You are supposed to root FOR each Big Ten team. That way, when we beat them, it helps our computer rankings! :D

But Fred...that would mean rooting for Ohio State and I have a hard enough time doing that during bowl season...

Seems unnatural.

You just comfort yourself with the fact that their defeat to Michigan when they are in a national championship hunt will be far more devastating than if they weren't.

:lol:

[quote:cf922a09ad]But then this means that UT was not tempted by money or TV but just wanted to play on Sunday. [/quote:cf922a09ad]

They just wanted to spread the Gospel message on Sunday and not on Saturday.

Okay, that's not going to fly on this forum. I actually think the game got in the way on Saturday of the cow tipping events and seed spitting contests so they had to move it to Sunday.

:bs2: :lol:

Ok enough Fred and Michael!

I had the honor of walking across the Diag in ny Navy midshipman's uniform between South Quad and North Hall in the late 60's. Later I got over Michigan with their leftist humanistic ways and such quality graduates such as Madonna years ago. :banghead:

(However, I do have The Victors on my cell phone as potential revenge for the inevitable Rocky Top in the next few months.)

John Schultz BSE-EE '70

Revenge for Rocky Top?

Rocky Top should be in the Church Hymnals.

:lol: :rolleyes:

I don't know how well they will do this year but they looked a little more exciting than they have in the past few years. They actually ran more than 5 different plays. They haven't done that in 3 or 4 years.

Alright all together now. . .

OOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG!
OOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG! SOOIE! RAZORBACKS!!

[img:32ce344523]http://www.hogwired.com/Media/Feature/f5284m3660.JPG[/img:32ce344523]

Adam,

What Joe Pa and Penn State needs in oreder to get back to their past glory is to put Syracuse into their schedule again. That way they could have their annual blow-out of the Orange like they used to always have before they joined the Big Ten...when they were in their glory.

Ohhhhhhhhhh! Looks like the much vaunted Wolverines couldn't handle the Fighting Papists of Notre Dame...

Even Syracuse beat them last year.

Trash Talk -the great American past time.

I am sickened....

I have been a MAJOR Penn State football fan for as long as I can remember. It was a tradition in my family to watch every game on Saturday, discuss it during and afterwords, and complain that the Lions got too little respect.

Many times I can remember them being undefeated and denied the National title. Many times I can remember them being jipped out of the best bowl game. Many times I can remember wondering why one of the best coaches in NCAA history got less attention than the flash in the pan guys.

I have so many fond memories of going to Beaver Stadium in the snow among 100,000 fans cheering on the blue and white as they over came the odds and beat a team ranked higher than them. Rivalries against Pitt, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Notre Dame! Those are some of the best memories of my LIFE!

Now, I sadly must say I am considering giving up on the Nittany Lions. Penn State refuses to see that coach Paterno is through. I respect the man, heck part of me feels like I am betraying something when I say he's done (sort of like talking smack about your beloved grand father) but the signs are so obvious. PSU's play calling stinks, the decisions they make as to the starters stink (Zack Mills needs to be benched, Austin Scott needs to start, etc) and we need a NEW play book.

For crying out loud, we USED to be "linebacker U" now we're a JOKE.

I've always liked Oklahoma as my second team (but far, far, FAAAAAR less than PSU) but maybe it's time for me to break tradition and move away from a team that shows no sign of improving, no sign that they know a NEW coaching staff is needed, and no sign of ever being what they once were because young, talented, high school athletes are no longer going to want to go to PSU!

I've never been so angry and sad at the same time in my life

Dude...

You've got to stick with your team through thick and thin. How do you think I feel as an S.U fan?

Well...at least we've got a decent basketball squad.

Yeah maybe you ought to bolt outta there... :D

[quote:713aa70776]Michael,

I like what you did -

now we have three Lloyds!!!![/quote:713aa70776]

Well, looks like it is down to 2 Lloyds now and not 3.

[quote:8163fad740="twogunfighter"]Have y'all noted that college football is now being played on SUNDAY. And not in Las Vegas or the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, but in Tennessee and Kentucky. The HQ of Lifeway and all of American Christendom has Sunday college football and no one is talking about it. Depressing :puzzled: :no: Anyway end of rant. I hope that Mark Richt won't allow that to happen at UGA.

So who are you guys rooting for? Me: Aint it GREAT to be a Georgia Bulldawg![/quote:8163fad740]

Its interesting that for the past couple of days the NOAA track has Ivan going further and further west. Then has it curving further to the east to soak the UT game on Saturday! (Should I say :amen: !)

John,

Maybe DOH! would be more appropriate. :bs2:

Poor Mississippi State. The Thundering Herd almost came home to pasture against the Dawgs.

How about LSwho.?

Go Vols!

How bout them Dogs (I can spel corectly beeing frum Tennessee). :D

They made LSU look bad.

Auburn made UT look bad as well. Of course our 6 turnovers by our freshmen QBs didn't help out much either.

Penn State loses again.

Vandy wins a game. The LORD [color=blue:2a0b20d6ad][u:2a0b20d6ad][b:2a0b20d6ad]MUST [/b:2a0b20d6ad][/u:2a0b20d6ad][/color:2a0b20d6ad]be coming soon.

Chuck,

I think that if Greene has a good day then Tennessee will be toast, maybe par to last year's score.

I do like Richt as a coach, etc. I kind of wish that the legal mess that Fulmer is in gets him canned. Fulmer makes Limbaugh look liberal.

He is too conservative and I can't wait to see his conservatism on Saturday.

Chuck wrote:
[quote:ab5d8d4c53]Ain't it GREAT to be Jawja Bull Dawg!! [/quote:ab5d8d4c53]

Chuck, it wasn't so great tonight.

4 and no more.

Now, maybe the Vols can get back to their 9 year domination of Dawgs like in the 90s.

I seriously doubt it but 1 game at a time will do.

Georgia is a good though and has a great coach.

Fans are, well, I'll not say too much.

:banana: :D :banana:

:banana::banana::banana:

Ain't it Great to be a Gator Hater!!

I think that even GoVols can aggree with that.

The Gators are down and I sure hope that we kick 'em.

Originally posted by twogunfighter
Ain't it Great to be a Gator Hater!!

I think that even GoVols can aggree with that.

The Gators are down and I sure hope that we kick 'em.

:amen: :ditto:

It will be hard for the Dawgs to do though b/c the gators may try to rally behind their coach. It will depend on which GA team shows up.

I am worried about South Carolina this weekend. If Ainge shows who he his passing to anymore then all of his passes will be picked off.

We WON, we WON.

:banana: :bigsmile: :banana:

Dawgs played well too. Well, UT sure didn't play well in the first half but the 2nd half we did. We gave up a lot of yardage in the 4th quarter with the 2nd and 3rd string in and playing loose zone coverage but we won and it felt good.

Now if the Dawgs can beat Auburn. They are playing them at Auburn so they should win.

Today I saw the greatest college football game in my life.

Michigan came from behind, with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter to score 17 points and tie with Michigan State. Then, in the THIRD overtime they finally won the thing, 45-37.

4.5 hours of absolute stress capped off by joy unutterable.

I have a deepseated sports-hatred for all Florida college football teams...I don't know why, we (Michigan) almost never get to play any of them...maybe that's why...they don't play any good teams.

So yes, Miami's defeat at the hands of the Tarheels was wonderful...

Way to go Dawgs!

I am glad, as a Tennessee fan, that there are 2 halves in a game.

Miami and Florida State, welcome to the ACC.

Tennessee is going to have a major "miracle" to beat Auburn this weekend.

I thought sitting by a Buckeye at work was bad enough. Now I have a BoilerMaker, Clemson Tiger and Dawg sitting by me.

What kind of world ...?

:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back