CSB Charles Spurgeon Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebonni63

Puritan Board Freshman
I was checking this bible out and I like the print size but my question is that if anyone owns this bible and what they think? I have always been a fan of Charles Haddon Spurgeon and he work is great. Also I might have some very cool bibles for sale.

ESV - Calfskin Reference Bible close to mint
NKJV - Burg Hardcover with case Reformation Study Bible
GNV - 1560 Geneva Bible Copy Hardcover Hendrickson

Make me a crazy offer but for the Calfskin don't be to crazy I wont sell ;).
 
I like the print size and the fact that it isn't red letter. That's basically the only reason I got it, to have a CSB with good print size in black letter and something that has some good devotional material. But if I don't start using it more over the next few months, I may not keep it.

I haven't used it much, but based on my perusal so far, the Spurgeon related material is somewhat underwhelming. A lot of that is probably because Spurgeon was not an expository preacher. It is good (and maybe even better than good) for devotional use, but the Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible is MUCH better. :2cents:

FYI a KJV Spurgeon Study Bible is supposed to be in the works as well.
 
I like the print size and the fact that it isn't red letter. That's basically the only reason I got it, to have a CSB with good print size in black letter and something that has some good devotional material. But if I don't start using it more over the next few months, I may not keep it.

I haven't used it much, but based on my perusal so far, the Spurgeon related material is somewhat underwhelming. A lot of that is probably because Spurgeon was not an expository preacher. It is good (and maybe even better than good) for devotional use, but the Reformation Heritage KJV Study Bible is MUCH better. :2cents:

FYI a KJV Spurgeon Study Bible is supposed to be in the works as well.
Hopefully, it could be in Csb/NKJV also.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top