David Noebel???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist
Daughter has asked to go to a camp dealing with worldviews. I asked for some info, and she gave me a book by David Noebel Understanding the Times. Has anyone got any info about this?

Thanks much
 
Summit Ministries in Colo Spgs. Check out the website. Went on a PCA retreat some years back, had one of the Summit staff as the main speaker. Summit is primarily about apologetics, prepping high school students for secular campus life. I have heard nothing but praise about the ministry. The book is helpful although I have not read it for many years so I can't vouch for it being reformed.
 
Tim, in many ways Noebel is the father of the current apologetics and worldview study emphasis in the church. Understanding the Times is a valuable book and the curriculum that goes with it is worth more than its weight in gold. I have taught through the curriculum with students, adult groups, and mixed groups. It has always been an eye opener and valuable experience for those involved. A student who goes through the curriculum that Summit produces will have a better grasp on philosophy, world view, and leadership than almost every philosophy professor they will ever meet. I had Ph.D. men who were very excited at what they were learning when they went through the course.
 
Thanks, Lawrence, so I take it it's a green light for Deborah in your opinion. Her cousins did the camp, and she really wants to go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top