Dead Sea Scrolls - ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
A church in Hamilton???? Which one? Providence CanRef? You'd be about 10-15 min from my house.

Cool.

-----Added 4/15/2009 at 09:21:30 EST-----

By the way, I want to go to the ROM.
 
I saw them several years back in Chicago. It wasn't quite the surreal experience I was expecting. It was fun looking at something so old. But then again, dinosaur bones are older. And cooler, because you can imagine the meat eaters tearing some poor smaller dinosaur to shreds with those massive teeth! Roar!
 
A church in Hamilton???? Which one? Providence CanRef? You'd be about 10-15 min from my house.

Yes, Providence. The school where they meet for worship is actually just down the street from where we lived when I went to seminary. I'm coming out your way tomorrow to visit for the weekend -- I'll be preaching at Providence both times on Sunday.
 
Thank you for sharing this! I had no idea the Scrolls would be in Toronto....I am highly considering going.....it would certainly be interesting! :)
 
Last edited:
I saw them several years back in Chicago. It wasn't quite the surreal experience I was expecting. It was fun looking at something so old. But then again, dinosaur bones are older. And cooler, because you can imagine the meat eaters tearing some poor smaller dinosaur to shreds with those massive teeth! Roar!

You seem to be in a really wild mood today! :lol:
 
By all means GO! I went to the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit when it was in Mobile. Actually, I went twice and would have gone again if I had had the time and money. It was incredible to read the works. On one of my trips I got a kick out of the fact that several ministers and professors where hovering over the texts and making running commentary on each other's spoken translations. We had a blast. Fortunately the crowd wasn't very large at the time.

The information on the Essenes was well done. It had something for everyone. My brother made the drive from way north Mississippi and didn't regret the drive at all.
 
Sorry, a little :offtopic:

Yes, Providence. The school where they meet for worship is actually just down the street from where we lived when I went to seminary. I'm coming out your way tomorrow to visit for the weekend -- I'll be preaching at Providence both times on Sunday.

I'm not sure I will be able to make it to hear you but I will definitely try. I work with a CanRef elder from Ancaster's congregation and will get details from him if I can (I can't find much on line...)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top