Denomination

Hansseco

Puritan Board Freshman
Is anyone familiar with the Berean Fellowship of Churches? I had never heard of them before today.

I googled them. Seems like a typical credobaptist small denomination with a Doctrinal Statement so basic that any Covenant Theology that is credo can flourish there (from 1689 to PC to NCT). Seems very familiar to me. Like mine but in a different region of the country.

I have only one "Reformed Baptist" church in my area and is pastored by Zaspel - one of the chief architects of the NCT teaching. How he "affirms his church is 1689" is beyond me.

Oh sorry I was typing fast in my tangent - no I never heard of them before today. But yeah, googling them makes me feel that maybe our region is not the only one suffering from splintered CTs among credos.

I have not heard of them, but according to their bylaws they license women for ministry.

I have not heard of them, but according to their bylaws they license women for ministry.

Wow. I did not look at the bylaws; only the Doctrinal Statement. I thank God that issue is not even remotely on our plates at all. Mark and avoid that BFC then.

Back