Doug Kelly Systematic Theology lectures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
Do these lectures still exist? I know many ITunesU courses went into the void when ITunesU shut down. Is there a backup file for these audio lectures somewhere?

I downloaded all of them when TNARS had them on their syllabi. I’m not sure what happened to TNARS, but I have the lectures on my Google Drive here.

Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Happy to go through old class notes if you are trying to find something.

Systematic Theology I:

1) Lesson 1 - meaning of theology, knowledge of God in general, systematic theology and how it works and basis for it
2) Lesson 2 - Reformed theological approach, phenomenon of man's natural religiousness, contrasts with Marxist, secularist, and humanistic explanations; standard explanation on revelation and its types (special/general)
3) Lesson 3 - inspiration, inerrancy, and perspicuity - fairly basic discussion
4) Lesson 4 - knowability of God - internal and external witnesses to God (longish Torrence quote here on how the evidence of God differs from other objects of knowledge)
5) Lessons 5-7 - Trinitarian topics
6) Lesson 8 - attributes of God
7) Lesson 9 - Divine Decrees
8) Lesson 10 - Creation and Providence
9) Lesson 11 - Anthropology and Covenants

Systematic Theology II:

- These are all doctrine of the church

Systematic Theology III:

- Christology, Soteriology, Eschatology

Looks like Systematic I, Lessons 1-4 are maybe what you're after.

Let me know if I can provide additional info.

Systematic Theology I:

1) Lesson 1 - meaning of theology, knowledge of God in general, systematic theology and how it works and basis for it
2) Lesson 2 - Reformed theological approach, phenomenon of man's natural religiousness, contrasts with Marxist, secularist, and humanistic explanations; standard explanation on revelation and its types (special/general)
3) Lesson 3 - inspiration, inerrancy, and perspicuity - fairly basic discussion
4) Lesson 4 - knowability of God - internal and external witnesses to God (longish Torrence quote here on how the evidence of God differs from other objects of knowledge)
5) Lessons 5-7 - Trinitarian topics
6) Lesson 8 - attributes of God
7) Lesson 9 - Divine Decrees
8) Lesson 10 - Creation and Providence
9) Lesson 11 - Anthropology and Covenants

Systematic Theology II:

- These are all doctrine of the church

Systematic Theology III:

- Christology, Soteriology, Eschatology

Looks like Systematic I, Lessons 1-4 are maybe what you're after.

Let me know if I can provide additional info.

That's good for starters. Thanks.

@RamistThomist I never gotten around reading Kelly due to the many ST's around... how is he? Any niches?
Although I love Kelly’s work and highly respect him, I wasn’t overly pleased with his recent systematic theology. It uses the trinitarian organization, which I don’t find to be ideal. I also felt as though some significant discussions were missing (e.g., anthropology). To be fair, I have not read it but only consulted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back