DVD burning - how do I know if it is "finalised"? (Windows 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Having burned the strange fire videos to DVD some years ago I am attempting to do the same - and failing! I have the correct DVD file type but I suspect the disk is not finalised. How do I check and how do I do it? (in Windows 8)

1. You do NOT format the disk
2. You format the video files as "PAL DVD" which uses a mpeg 2 codec, this seems to have audio and video in one file. A normal DVD stores them as seperate files and accesses them simultaneously
3. You opt to use as a CD/DVD not a USB stick/pendrive
4. You add the files and from the drive tools menu at the top of the screen access the drop down menu
and choose the "finish burning" icon

This took me three days and four different video formats and five blank DVD's. I am now adding it to my "How To" document against the day I need to do it again.:cheers2:

DVD? What's that?

I just got a new laptop and it doesn't even have a CD/DVD drive. New cars don't have them either. It looks like that format is going the way of cassette tapes and VHS.

My laptop is eight years old. It is the new one and I still have it's predecessor in working order. You can purchase an external DVD burner drive which can connect on the USB port! My widowed Aunt has just bought a microwave (my Uncle thought it would give you cancer)!

My laptop is eight years old. It is the new one and I still have it's predecessor in working order. You can purchase an external DVD burner drive which can connect on the USB port! My widowed Aunt has just bought a microwave (my Uncle thought it would give you cancer)!

I hate to break it to you, but (regular old) USB ports are going the way of the dodo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back