From Coffee to Breakfast Tea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Anyone switch from coffee to breakfast tea? I was thinking about making a healthier choice of beverage to go along with my breakfast but have never had breakfast tea. What's the difference between English and Irish?

Thanks,

j

Ok i am going to jump on board here... (as i am departing from coffee)

I would be interested in tea if it didnt taste like potpourri

Anyone switch from coffee to breakfast tea? I was thinking about making a healthier choice of beverage to go along with my breakfast but have never had breakfast tea. What's the difference between English and Irish?

Thanks,

j

Um....English Tea is ORANGE
and...Irish Tea is Green?:p

:lol:

I recently had to switch from coffee to tea because I found out I am lactose intolerant. I cannot drink coffee without cream. I do, however, like tea without cream. I am actually loving it. My favorite morning teas are Earl Grey (Stash double bergamot), English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast (Twinings), and PG Tips. These are all good solid breakfast teas. I also love mint teas or fruit herbals in the evening. I absolutely love Celestial Seasons Apple Cinnamon tea. They also have great mint and sleepy time teas.

I drank a lot of tea at the Winzers'. I like tea. I should drink more of it. In what way is it better for you?

I drink both. When I drink tea I have Green Tea; good for the metabolism they say.

In what way is it better for you?

I'm sure moderate coffee drinking is fine, but I tend to have three cups in the morning just for starters. I'll have a cup of Earl Grey Tea at break time in the afternoon and sometimes a cup of espresso after dinner. I've read a few articles that claim coffee may have some health benefits but heavy coffee consumption is also linked to increased hate rate, high blood pressure, leeching minerals from bones, has shown to increase "bad" cholesterol [coffee contains cafestol], to cause irregular heartbeats, along with a few other things. One study showed that if you drink two or more cups a day you increase your chance of heart disease in general.

For the most part the problem isn’t in the coffee but my over indulgence of it.

:eek:

Peace,

j
PS: I keep reading articles that read, "A study by Japanese researchers, published in the Sept. 13th 2006 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that individuals who consumed five or more cups of green tea per day had a 26 percent lower risk of death due to cardiovascular disease than participants who consumed less than one cup of tea per day." I know many of these articles do not take into consideration the difference in diet, but I eat fish and rice 3 or 4 times a week and hardy ever eat red meat. :lol:

RJS, no oatmeal for breakfast? :)

It looks like the caffeine levels are not that much different with drip coffee having about 140 mg. and black tea having up to 110 depending on how long you steep the bag so I was hoping to reduce my intact by reducing steep time over a week or so.

A few days ago I thought I'd go a day without any coffee or tea and found myself suffering from withdrawal very badly, I had a pounding headache, couldn't concentrate, I had no motivation and I felt like I was in a fog until I caved in and had an extra large black from Timmy's just before 3pm. I didn't realize how addicted I am to the stuff. After my last post I started to think about the other sources of caffeine that I consume on a regular basis including chocolate and pop [soda for my American brothers and sisters] and man, I need to make some changes.

Peace,

j

PS: Anyone drink white tea? I love the stuff but the local stores only carry brands from China. :barfy:

Ok, 48 hours without coffee!

I've been drinking Earl Grey, English Breakfast and Tazo's Awake blend. Any ever try Pu-ehr Tea?

Ok, 48 hours without coffee!

I've been drinking Earl Grey, English Breakfast and Tazo's Awake blend. Any ever try Pu-ehr Tea?

Pu-ehr tea is good. It's like coffee. Really dark, I guess it's aged in caves. I learned how to drink it with the whole "tea" ceremony in the little cups. Can I just brew it like regular?? I guess I would still have to rinse it. I am gonna go google it.:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back