Tea recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Puritan Board Senior
For those of you who are refined...I have a tea recommendation:

Prince Romanoff

My wife and I were in Toledo visiting family a few weeks ago...we went to a tea shop with my sister-in-law that sells loose tea leaves and a bunch of teas I've never heard of. Prince Romanoff has a very distinct flavor. It smells manly, like the outdoors and has a smokey after taste. There's a hint of flavor similar to Earl Grey, but it's much better. Earl Grey is a bit girly, if you ask me. This is a tea that I give hearty approval to!

I will have to try it. My current favorite is the Empress Afternoon Blend. It is the official tea of the Royal Empress Hotel in Victoria. I also like Earl Grey. My husband got me into Pu-ere (don't know how to spell in English) tea which is some real true to life Chinese tea that they age in caves or something. Its good stuff. Much more hearty than our current brands. Maybe your kind is similar.

"...For those of you who are refined...I have a tea recommendation: "

I am just learning about being reformed...so being refined is probably a long ways off yet.

Richard,
"And I thought hapiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror...but now happiness is Lubbock, Texas growin' nearer and clearer..."

I've had this song on my mind the last few days, and then when I saw the city in your signature, I just had to ask: Who sings this song? It's Mel somebody (I think Tillis), but I'm not sure of the name.
Do you know?

Thanks,
Bobby

Originally posted by Richard King
"...For those of you who are refined...I have a tea recommendation: "

I am just learning about being reformed...so being refined is probably a long ways off yet.
You'll get there...our pastor used to have a church in Lubbock...it was an OPC church...us OPCers are simply a bit more refined...give it time though, you'll get there :detective:

Bobby...

Originally posted by Preach
Richard,
"And I thought hapiness was Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror...but now happiness is Lubbock, Texas growin' nearer and clearer..."

I've had this song on my mind the last few days, and then when I saw the city in your signature, I just had to ask: Who sings this song? It's Mel somebody (I think Tillis), but I'm not sure of the name.
Do you know?

Thanks,
Bobby

Mac Davis. And I didn't even have to look it up. But please don't type-cast me as a country music lover. Chalk it up to a loose marble rolling around in my brain housing group.

KC

P.S. As the uniform in my avatar indicates, I was a Starfleet captain while the unflappable "Jean-luc" was still in diapers. He got the Earl Grey thing from me. That's my choice of tea.

[Edited on 4-25-2005 by kceaster]

Originally posted by Preach
Richard,

Do you know?

Thanks,
Bobby

Yep, the singer and songwriter was a guy named Mac Davis who used to have a variety show on TV, and he wrote some songs for Elvis (like "In the Ghetto)...and he was in a movie or two. He was our big claim to fame after Buddy Holly and before teh controversial Natalie Maines of the Dixie Chicks.

Funny that you would ask because just last weekend after years of doing nothing but golfing he returned to Lubbock to do a concert since the city was naming a street after him. They say it went over really big.

Originally posted by joshua
No thanks...I'll stick with my Southern Iced Sweet Tea

If ya want "hot tea" stick it in the sun! (Joshua, pass the ice please!)

seriously though, the BEST sweetner for hot tea is white canadian honey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back