Grilled Corn on the Cob

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
- pull off as much corn silk as possible
- 20 min. soak in water
- pull back husks and add butter and seasoning
- cover corn with husks and tie end with a piece of husk
- grill 20 min. while turning
 
That's an interesting idea... I"ve never added butter & seasoning *before* grilling. Usually I just do the soak (though I let it go for an hour or two), silk-pulling, and grilling. I may just have to try adding the butter :)
 
Different seasonings really add snap. You can add a dash of hot sauce to the butter before you brush it on the corn.
 
Sounds yummy. I bought some asperagus yesterday and plan on putting that on the grill this evening, but the OP is now making we wish I also had corn... :)
 
Asparagus is one of my favorites to grill. How do you plan to prepare it? I brush mine with olive oil and coat all sides with salt.
 
This is great.
I will have to try the asparagus soon. Also it had never occurred to me to season the corn before grilling. I'll definitely give it a go. I love grilling. What can I say it's in my blood LOL.
 
Asparagus is one of my favorites to grill. How do you plan to prepare it? I brush mine with olive oil and coat all sides with salt.

This is pretty much a recipe I got while Googling, but I take a sheet of tin foil, place a few pats of butter on the bottom, place the asparagus on top of the butter/margarine, then spray a little olive oil on the asparagus and season with a small amount of salt and pepper. Then I take the foil and seal it over the top of the asparagus (making "sides" as I do so, to prevent the butter from leaking out of the seam) and place on the grill about 7-8 minutes.
 
What I do, is similar...

I take the silk out, butter it on up with salt, without taking the husk off or ripping anything. But I don't soak or anything, let that husk burn a little. Gives the corn more flavoring. I don't tie the husk either. I'm just really careful with the husk while taking the silk out.

You can also take the husk and silk off, put your butter/salt on and then wrap it up in foil and put it on there too. Both taste great.
 
this is sooo weird I was talking to a guy in the mall today and he told me about grilling corn... I had never heard of it before... I come here and ge online and bam! ya'll are talking about grilling corn.... just freaky dude.
 
It was hot today so I grilled steak, corn and carrots. With the carrots I added (real) butter and thyme, salt and pepper.
 
I absolutely love Mexican-style grilled corn on the cob! It is seriously the best the thing on earth!!!!!! If you guys have never tried it....you seriously have to!!!!! It is out of this world!!!!!

After grilling, just add the following:

Butter
Mayo
Cotija or Parmesan cheese
sprinkle with a little chili powder or cayenne pepper

and then ENJOY!!!!!!!
 
My favourite way to grill corn is to toss it on the cool side of the grill well before the steaks or whatever go on. No prep. If you know how to shuck corn you will get no silks when you shuck it after cooking. The silks actually add to the taste. And you have never had sweeting juicier corn. Leaving those husks as God made them lets the corn steam.
 
this is sooo weird I was talking to a guy in the mall today and he told me about grilling corn... I had never heard of it before...

:eek:Seriously? What, are you city folks?:lol:

-----Added 8/15/2009 at 11:57:32 EST-----

No prep. Leaving those husks as God made them lets the corn steam.

:ditto:Messing with the husks "breaks the seal", so to speak. Though I do soak them in salt water so the husks don't dry out too fast. When they are done you put on butter (using margarine is sacrilege) and a little garlic salt.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top