Hal says Zero Hour approaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has been having some dreams lately. I think I'll make them into a sermon series and get my friend Cyrus to incorporate the footnotes from it into a new study Bible. Then I'll get some other people to print some more books on theories that cram my footnotes into prophetic time lines to fund my retirement. Naaah, no one will ever buy it.
Let's ALL eat a medium pizza with the works before we sleep tonight, meet back here on PB collate our dreams get Chris Coldwell to edit/publish the end result and split the proceeds!:):):):popcorn:
 
I don't know anything about Hal Lindsey's personal past, but his political commentary is second to none. Linked from DRUDGE REPORT 2009®.

Not sure I understand all above posts, but Romans 11:25 is final word to me.

What about Zec 12: 1-3? Also, Zech 12:10-- the Jews are saved by grace in the end, not by any special "deals" (as suggested by some non-Reformed pastors).
 
Hal Lindsey, that ole serial adulterer, who believes him any more?!

I was wondering where there is some substantial evidence of this claim. When I searched this out on Google, I was not able to find any credible reports. I found mostly just the same claims being made on other forums. I do not ask this, because I doubt the claim being made, but on account of it being so serious; I trust that none of us wish to be propagating libel. I know people who are more into Hal Lindsey than they should be, and before I inform them of this news, I would like to know for certain of its truth.
 
This is probably a reference to his multiple marriages/divorces. I'm not sure if they were for biblical reasons, so with remarriages, there would be grounds for the charge of adultery.
 
This is probably a reference to his multiple marriages/divorces. I'm not sure if they were for biblical reasons, so with remarriages, there would be grounds for the charge of adultery.

Yes. Though the material is not easily dug up, it can be found with a bit of work. He has been married to Rose, Jan (three daughters from this marriage), Kim, and currently JoLyn. I suppose one would be hard pressed to believe that he was faultless in each of the four cases.
 
Last edited:

Ahhh. I saw the subject line, saw 'Hal' and 'Zero Hour' and immediately thought this:
Zerohour_perez.JPG
 
It would be easier to accept the sincerity of brother. Hal's predictions about the imminent end of this world, if he put his royalties into some hurry-up evangelism program. Hmmm.
 
I always find these threads interesting. I know that many reformed people in this website have old dispensational roots. I was saved in a pentecostal church and then went to calvary chapel after being saved, somehow I never bought into dispensationalism or their whole end times eschatology. I was lucky to be exposed to different traditions through the Internet. I know Hal is big into attacking Calvinism and Amill, but I never read any of his stuff, it never interested me especially since I always considered his "works" fiction.

I am also shocked by some of the posts regarding his adultery. Never heard of any of his past marriages before this thread. Would be nice if someone posted something with some subtance to prove it.
 
I always find these threads interesting. I know that many reformed people in this website have old dispensational roots. I was saved in a pentecostal church and then went to calvary chapel after being saved, somehow I never bought into dispensationalism or their whole end times eschatology. I was lucky to be exposed to different traditions through the Internet. I know Hal is big into attacking Calvinism and Amill, but I never read any of his stuff, it never interested me especially since I always considered his "works" fiction.

I am also shocked by some of the posts regarding his adultery. Never heard of any of his past marriages before this thread. Would be nice if someone posted something with some subtance to prove it.


I guess if someone really wanted to prove that he's been married 3 times they could just go to the county court house and get a copy of the divorce papers, etc.
 
I always find these threads interesting. I know that many reformed people in this website have old dispensational roots. I was saved in a pentecostal church and then went to calvary chapel after being saved, somehow I never bought into dispensationalism or their whole end times eschatology. I was lucky to be exposed to different traditions through the Internet. I know Hal is big into attacking Calvinism and Amill, but I never read any of his stuff, it never interested me especially since I always considered his "works" fiction.

I am also shocked by some of the posts regarding his adultery. Never heard of any of his past marriages before this thread. Would be nice if someone posted something with some substance to prove it.

I know (and, to be honest, care) nothing either way regarding Hal and adultery. Perhaps I should care. But I am sure that he is a false prophet, the penalty for which (stoning) was the same under the Mosaic law as that for adultery. The Church is mocked because of the likes of Hal.
 
Hamas continues to attack Israel with rocket attacks for the sheer joy of the violence of it all. Related to this, the Prophet Obadiah pronounced this verdict against Edom, who is one of the forefathers of the people of Hamas, saying, "Because of violence to your brother Jacob, you will be covered with shame, and you will be cut off forever." Interestingly, the word translated as "violence" in this Scripture is the Hebrew word, chamac, pronounced "hamas."

Is that even true?

Yes, except that the accentuation is different. Hebrew accents the last syllable. If I'm not mistaken, and I think I could be, Arabic would accent this acronym on the first syllable. But, of course, this is all just a humorous coincidence. According to Wikipedia, Hamas is an acronym for حركة المقاومة الاسلامية Ḥarakat al-Muqāwamat al-Islāmiyyah, meaning "Islamic Resistance Movement"

-----Added 4/28/2009 at 08:54:38 EST-----

When I first became a believer, I found "Late Great..." It intrigued me -- don't bash me for my naiveté. I became a believer through reading the Bible, with no one to help me understand it (but the Spirit of course). So my theology was very undeveloped. So I was intrigued by Hal. I then purchased all his books (I'm embarrassed to say), and then all the books in his bibliography. I wound up with a HUGE Disp. collection. Then I went to college and found out that there was ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE???!!!!???!!! Amazing that all my Disp. books were so "in house" and straw men. Once I saw the covenant position explained, it was a no brainer for me. They had focussed so much on secondary (to their position) issues, like literalism, etc. But that huge elephant in the room, Israel distinct from the church, they never really gave that the prominence it needed. And no wonder, what with Galatians, Romans, . . . and the other 64 books!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top