I won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
My church had a chili cook-off contest... and I won!

In large part due to having reviewed the various chili threads posted by Joshua over the years, I have developed a truly masterful recipe...

After weeks of enduring the strange looks given to me by my wife, and all the eye-rolling from her as I’ve done meticulous research on the philosophy and history of chili as well as the science and art of making chili... After the groans of "not again" as I've made batch after batch of chili in order to perfect both my technique and my ingredients... I've finally received full vindication and recognition for my efforts! Woo hoo!

Hey maybe it is just a Texas thing! We had one too! I probably ate the most chili what do I win?

If you've learned anything from Joshua you know you must post pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. Anything less is unacceptable.

I'm with Fred and Chris, Ben. This all sounds a bit suspicious. I think it might have been rigged. I call for a special prosecutor!

Peace,
Alan

The two things I learned from Joshua's many pictures are: 1) Use lots of chilis and 2) Use tons of meat!

A man, at least any man worth being called a man, will overlook minor deficiencies in the flavor profile of the dish if he is busy gorging himself on delicious meat!

Last edited:
And there’s me thinking that Chilli was in South America not the North. So much for my geography!

Jean, you are up there with Josh and Ben. Maybe having an edge, but would have to taste it first!

You clearly have never had Cincinnati style chili. Although you probably wouldn't recognize it as chili.
I ate at Skyline Chili once while passing through Cincinnati... Honestly, I don’t remember the taste. (Which, for me, means it didn’t make a strong impression either way.) I just remember being completely underwhelmed and thinking that it was just spaghetti sauce.

Chorizo would be best, but I had hot Italian sausage. I used pecan chips and put the skillets on the grill for about 10 minutes on direct heat then a few hours on indirect. Everything went into the slow cooker with a bit of broth, a touch of coffee and diced tomatoes. It later looked thin so I added tomato paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back