Ipod Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueridge Believer

Puritan Board Professor
Thinking about buying a couple of Ipods for gifts. I have an older 1gb Ipod that was given to me that has been a great blessing to me. My question is, are Ipods worth the extra money over what the run of the mill mp3 player costs? I was looking at a couple of Ipod shuffles at $80 a piece when there are 1gb mp3 plyers at $40 each.
What do ya' think??????
 
this is something I can actually say I know about given I'm 20! In the experience of my friends and I the Apple IPOD is a bit more expensive and doesn't have as agreat of a warantee if you buy it from Apple, however if you buy it from BestBuy and get the warentee there its worth it. It's quality as piece of equipment far surpasses the competition. It can work better in various temperatures (both extremes). The battery it comes with lasts 5 years before you need a new one usually, though this would be the downside to it, however on the internet you can buy a do-it-your-self kit w/ a new battery for 30 bucks, or pay someone to do it for 50-70. The non-IPODs (Zune especially) is always behind Apple and frankly the quality of the software for managing the music is 2nd rate b/c its new. I have been a IPOD user since they first came out, and because of it I've switched over to MAC when I got a new laptop for college! If your looking to buy for mass non close family go for the 40 buck ones, if its close family and want it to last a while go for the IPOD. It's an investment, but the quality in it is worth it.
 
Thinking about buying a couple of Ipods for gifts. I have an older 1gb Ipod that was given to me that has been a great blessing to me. My question is, are Ipods worth the extra money over what the run of the mill mp3 player costs? I was looking at a couple of Ipod shuffles at $80 a piece when there are 1gb mp3 plyers at $40 each.
What do ya' think??????

I really can't say about the non-Ipod mp3s, but I really, really do not like Shuffles. But if I had to take a guess, given both mp3 players are 1gig, then I might go with the Shuffles. Whatever happens, and you get a shuffle, make sure you get a warranty and keep the warranty safe.
 
I have always used "generic" MP3 players and have been very happy with them. I was initially turned off by Apple's proprietary audio format, however that isn't really an issue any more these days. You are still paying somewhat of a premium for the brand name.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top