Mac, Office, and PC Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
A question for the Mac users. If you create a Word or other office document on using Microsoft Office for Mac, can somone who uses a PC use/convert the file if you email it to them?
 
Almost always, yes. Though recently I sent someone something in Word they couldn't open. I don't know why. I just re-sent it in pdf.

Steve
 
So far it hasn't been a problem.

Conversion might be easier going from PC to Mac than the reverse, but I've send lots of files to PC users without a problem.

Mac -> PC could be more a problem of Word version than a Mac/PC problem.

rsc
 
Can someone email me some Mac Word files? The more unusual features (styles or whatever) used the better. I would like to see how they convert to Windows Word. My email is [email protected]

Thanks
 
The only thing you cannot send from a Mac to a PC is... a virus! ;)

Word for Mac saves in .doc format, and NeoOffice and others let you at least export in .rtf format. So, no problem sending anything to a PC from a REAL computer...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top