Moving to Jacksonville, NC - Wanting Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodcheer68

Puritan Board Sophomore
My family and I are trying to move to Jacksonville, NC, and I have an opportunity to go ahead of my family and stay at a place for 2-3 months in order to look for work and secure a permanent place to live. I have been looking at the churches in the area but wanted to know which Presbyterian or Reformed (URC etc) churches you would recommend.

Also, any other tips about the place, job leads, etc would be appreciated too.

As far as work, I have been doing construction for the last 10 years. However, I would like to transition into something that utilizes my history degree. I understand that work is pretty limited with only a BA (I plan on enrolling in a MA program in Fall 2014), but any leads are appreciated; construction, history related, or otherwise.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks! I saw that Bob's son will be stationed in Jacksonville. I actually will be staying with some marines who are stationed there, maybe the odd chance we will bump into each other or attend the same church.

I opted to cancel the plane ticket and drive so that I would have dependable transportation when I got to NC. I arrived last Friday and today God granted me a job. I start orientation on Tuesday, I am so thankful to God. I have been out of work for 7 months and it was getting down to the wire.

I sent off an email last week to that address, but haven't heard anything back yet. Last Sunday I went to Harvest PCA and also met with the pastor on Wednesday. I do plan on checking out the ARP church, though. I wanted to see if they had an evening or mid-week service but I can't find a website or any info on the church.

What will you be doing? Is it good enough to bring your family out with you?
Yes, praise God! I was just talking to my wife and kids and they are excited as I am. We are looking into a few options; uhaul truck or Uhaul trailer - in both cases I will drive, or shipping our stuff back with a service like P.O.D.S. and then my family renting a car to get out here. Please pray that it will go smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back