Moving!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotthill

Puritan Board Freshman
Good afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving!

My wife and I are unfortunately sitting at home quarantined as we are still recovering from Covid-19.

As I’m sure you’ve seen in the thread’s title, my wife and I are planning on moving. Because of that, we’re looking for advice. We currently live in metro-Atlanta where my wife is from but we’re looking to move to Greenville, SC in the next 7 months. We absolutely love the city and spent a lot of our honeymoon there. Does anyone else on PB live in Greenville? Church recommendations in the city? I’ve looked at Downtown Presbyterian and Redeemer Presbyterian but don’t know others besides that. Any other insights we should know about?

On another note, we did think about moving to Philadelphia as I’m a new student at WTS and I’d love to attend class in person with the professors. She has lots of family in PA and likes it but living in GA all my life it’d be a really big culture-shock for me.

We both love Greenville but don’t want to miss out on the potential ministry in PA at WTS either.

Thoughts on our situation? Thanks!

Hope all y’all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Good afternoon and Happy Thanksgiving!

My wife and I are unfortunately sitting at home quarantined as we are still recovering from Covid-19.

As I’m sure you’ve seen in the thread’s title, my wife and I are planning on moving. Because of that, we’re looking for advice. We currently live in metro-Atlanta where my wife is from but we’re looking to move to Greenville, SC in the next 7 months. We absolutely love the city and spent a lot of our honeymoon there. Does anyone else on PB live in Greenville? Church recommendations in the city? I’ve looked at Downtown Presbyterian and Redeemer Presbyterian but don’t know others besides that. Any other insights we should know about?

On another note, we did think about moving to Philadelphia as I’m a new student at WTS and I’d love to attend class in person with the professors. She has lots of family in PA and likes it but living in GA all my life it’d be a really big culture-shock for me.

We both love Greenville but don’t want to miss out on the potential ministry in PA at WTS either.

Thoughts on our situation? Thanks!

Hope all y’all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Sorry about the illness; check out Greenville PC; the pastor was one of the folks in the documentary Spirit&Truth and I think did as heavy lifting as any of the big names in the film (Duncan, Godfrey, etc.). It is FCofScotlandContinuing and EP. https://www.greenvillepresbyterian.com/

Definitely will, thank you! I think I heard that they were doing a conference on Reformed Theology with GPTS a while back.
My wife was a member at Eagles Landing but we’ve recently started attending The Rock PCA in Stockbridge. (We’re newlyweds so I left my hometown and my church there and moved up to where she lived).

@scotthill

If you are not TR, you might check out Second Presbyterian.

Where were you all members in the Atlanta area?
Be forewarned; there is a huge, and I mean HUGE picture of Christ front and center behind the pulpit. It's a shame they have to ruin a reformed witness retaining that sort of idolatry.
Definitely will, thank you! I think I heard that they were doing a conference on Reformed Theology with GPTS a while back.
My wife was a member at Eagles Landing but we’ve recently started attending The Rock PCA in Stockbridge. (We’re newlyweds so I left my hometown and my church there and moved up to where she lived).

On closer examination, the large stained glass picture of Jesus I found on the internet was at Second Presbyterian in Charleston, not Greenville. I can see there there is a stained glass window at the Greenville church, but I haven't found an image good enough to see what it actually looks like. I suspect it's the image I see on Google Street view on the Rhett street side.

It's of the ascension I think and I have seen it online in the past from an inside view. I can't say for sure, not having been there, but given how high it is, online viewers may be spared. But unless they have taken a move to mask it on the inside I don't see how anyone with a biblical understanding of the second commandment could attend there. I can understand folks remaining, praying for reform, who are convicted after being members; but those who actively for or fine with retaining it most certainly do not understand the gravity and burden of this thing.
On closer examination, the large stained glass picture of Jesus I found on the internet was at Second Presbyterian in Charleston, not Greenville. I can see there there is a stained glass window at the Greenville church, but I haven't found an image good enough to see what it actually looks like. I suspect it's the image I see on Google Street view on the Rhett street side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back