My Pastor got his visa application to Venezuela rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
thanks to Pat Robertson. It seems like Hugo Chavez is disallowing all Ecclesiastical officials from the USA from entering his country due to the Pat Robertson's, "Assisination" comment.

It could be a good thing..I nearly got killed on a trip there in 2000...doing an aircraft inspection.

Be thankful. Its a very dangerous dangerous place.

Originally posted by Slippery
my Pastor thrives on danger :cool::cool: now there goes my opportunity for a Venezuelan mail order bride. :bigsmile:

Your reply is very glib....obviously you nor your pastor have been to Venezuela....once again...it is a very very very dangerous place.

Why not be thankful and work with what you already have??? Oh and non dingus...Venezuelan customs officals DO NOT need any reason to detain you AND hold you incommunicado.....

my Pastor was really looking forward to helping out one of his brothers in Christ down there. He was actually invited. The guy has Pastor friends all over the world, and he always gets invited by them. He usually refuses but for some strange reason he wanted to go to Venezuela to do some missionary work, albeit on a short term basis.

Either way, the Lord's work will be done.

Sorry for your pastor. I have always believed that ever pastor should spend time overseas if not yearly than as often as possible. It helps them keep the vision of the Church as a global enity not just a local expression. Actually I would not sit under a pastor that has not been involved in missions. I look at my thirty odd years as a christian and all the pastors that have had a lasting impression on me have been involved in missions outside these borders.
As far as danger goes it is no worse than most third world countries. And heck whats life without a little danger? I have been on the field in Peru when in the town I was in a pastor was stone to death, a radio tower was blown up to block our way, and bombs went off ever night. What I learned is that if God be for you only what he wants can happen. He alone is sovereign and I am in His hands.

[Edited on 12-6-2005 by Swampguy]

[Edited on 12-6-2005 by Swampguy]

Your reply is very glib....obviously you nor your pastor have been to Venezuela....once again...it is a very very very dangerous place.

Why not be thankful and work with what you already have??? Oh and non dingus...Venezuelan customs officals DO NOT need any reason to detain you AND hold you incommunicado..... [/quote]

Well, I guess they have the government they deserve.

Originally posted by non dignus

Why not be thankful and work with what you already have??? Oh and non dingus...Venezuelan customs officals DO NOT need any reason to detain you AND hold you incommunicado.....

Well, I guess they have the government they deserve. [/quote]

They have the government WE deserve!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back