Votes: 128 76.6%
  • :down:

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • no opinion/do not know

Votes: 30 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what everyone thinks about what Washer had to say about Facebook and being online.

“I’ll tell you this right now, some of you need to get out of Facebook, you need to get off-line, you need to quit playing with people and talking and writing little things like you were a little girl. You need to become a man and you need to start doing things that men of God do. It’s very important.”

Be A Man

Just curious what everyone thinks about what Washer had to say about Facebook and being online.

“I’ll tell you this right now, some of you need to get out of Facebook, you need to get off-line, you need to quit playing with people and talking and writing little things like you were a little girl. You need to become a man and you need to start doing things that men of God do. It’s very important.”

Be A Man

If you are using Facebook as a social outlet or a way to "mess" with people then I would agree. If you are using it (or anything else) to the glory of God then I would disagree. My wife uses facebook and she's always trying to interject Godly themes into it.

Be A Man

Many use Facebook and just waste time. Paul is admonishing those who are godly men to use all they have for the Kingdom.

Be A Man

If you are using Facebook as a social outlet or a way to "mess" with people then I would agree. If you are using it (or anything else) to the glory of God then I would disagree. My wife uses facebook and she's always trying to interject Godly themes into it.

I believe Washer's point is that many people waste much of their life doing piddly things, just as a social utility can waste much of a person's day (or life)... though, his comment was NOT a blanket comment to all people that they should never get on facebook. Washer is on Twitter by the way, so it's not a legalistic stance against "social utilities" but rather a side point to his discussion. I've witnessed to many atheists via facebook... though at times I've certainly wasted time (surfing, etc) on facebook and myspace... but I've made amends to not waste my time on these in the future. I go on from time to time but it can be days between visits. If I do, it is to answer a message, sell/buy an item, send a message, catch up with a friend, etc... it is purposeful as opposed to a black hole of time spent looking at peoples profiles, clubs, etc...

Paul Washer yells alot.... i like...LOVE! preachers that yell alot
it seems that alot of us are here because of the influence of his messages.
present company included

Ok, Ok I was too hard on the guy, he has helped my walk greatly

I RECANT!!!

(see my earlier posts as to why I am saying this now...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back