Originally posted by puritansailor
I think if the public schools would be committed to teaching rather than brainwashing, then they could be redeemable. But that is not the case anymore. They simply don't teach anymore. I can teach my children at a much higher level than any public school can. I can bypass the sex ed nonsense, the cultural diversity (every one is good except Christians) nonsense, the ethical nonsense (Neitzche), and actually teach him the fundamentals; English, Math, History, Philosophy, Greek (or any foreign language), Writing, Critical thinking, whatever, all within a Christian worldview. I can pick the best books, and train them properly. And if he's interested in a particular feild, I can integrate the rest with it to help him learn. A public school has no such flexibility at all, where all must move at the pace of the slowest kid, with the most watered down curriculim. This is just common sense. I was a product of the public school system, and though it wasn't as bad then as now, I still was never pushed to my potential. That made it more difficult as I entered adulthood. I had alot of catching up to do in college.