POLL: Wine or Grape Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
What does your church use for the ordinance of Communion? Wine or Grape Juice?
:banana:

Moderator's Edit: Title Edit

[Edited on 9-4-2005 by joshua]

Female = changing all the time

+/- 7.5% margin-of-error -- be advised a minority of changing women are voting; and some women often feel an immediate desire to cast their true vote after their actual vote is cast in a poll...

[Edited on 9-5-2005 by Puritanhead]

They have a circle around the thing that is passed around that is grape juice and everything else inside the ring of grape juice is wine so people have the option to skip the wine.

I've been to many different churches of various denominations throught California, Michigan, and New York. I've never been to a Protestant church which serves wine, including Reformed/Presbyterian churches.

Joshua, I accidentally skewed the poll.
doh.gif
I voted wine because I thought it was what we prefer not what our church actually does. Is that something you can fix with your mighty mod powers??
shuffle.gif

Wine, but our pastor holds to the below I think; but it has never been an issue since we switched to wine in the mid or late 1980s. Back then I bought the church a large set of two ounce shot glasses; no wimpy plastic thimbles for us.;)
Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
"the fruit of the vine," as the Bible says (in other words, it doesn't matter)

I'll fix it by voting twice....j/k.

We have wine on the outer rim, grape juice in the middle (my wife and I take it from the outer rim, btw).

Originally posted by Augusta
Joshua, I accidentally skewed the poll.
doh.gif
I voted wine because I thought it was what we prefer not what our church actually does. Is that something you can fix with your mighty mod powers??
shuffle.gif

I already accounted for a +/- 7.5% margin-of-error when I realized that "changing" females were voting...
:um:

Originally posted by joshua
Originally posted by Craig

I originally thought of that, but one can only vote once.

You mean you don't have 30 pb logins so you can vote more than once in polls? I thought everyone did that!

Originally posted by Craig

We have wine on the outer rim, grape juice in the middle (my wife and I take it from the outer rim, btw).

Same here. As the pastor I have a large cup or goblet that I drink of so I tend to get alot more wine than anybody else.

Originally posted by Plimoth Thom
I've been to many different churches of various denominations throught California, Michigan, and New York. I've never been to a Protestant church which serves wine, including Reformed/Presbyterian churches.

I have been to some that serve both alcoholic and non alcoholic.

I've heard arguments for grape juice. Frankly, In my humble opinion, I don't agree with it. When I attended the Assemblies of God in my spiritual infancy, they taught it. I found out a year later after I married a Campbellite (wish I'd done my homework to know what I was getting myself into):worms:, they taught grape juice. I guess I could safely assume that these people also taught that Jesus turned the water into grape juice, and that Paul told Timothy to consume grape juice (instead of wine) for his intestinal maladies.

I remember a Bible study I went to over ten years ago in upstate NY when one of the men came down with a stomach ailment. The host offered him some wine (sparingly). Needless to say, it helped.

I'm not knocking grape juice. In fact, it tastes great -- depending on who makes it. I just think that those aforementioned people should do a bit more homework before they condemn people who consume wine for communion or as a health remedy.

They have a circle around the thing that is passed around that is grape juice and everything else inside the ring of grape juice is wine so people have the option to skip the wine.

Ditto at my church.

Grace & Peace,
Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back