Wine or Grape Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by joshua
Me too...converted at Daisy Freewill Baptist Church in Daisy, Arkansas. Ahh, the Irony of God!

I confessed Christ in a parking lot at McDonalds, and today I hate McDonalds. It's of the devil. Ahh, the Irony of God!

Originally posted by crhoades
So...Merlot or Cabernet? I think ours is a 2003 Sutter Home Merlot.

Has anyone done research on grape varieties in Jerusalem to determine it?

That would be an intresting research.

Originally posted by Swampguy
Fermentation takes place naturally without even adding yeast. There is naturally occuring yeast in the air. The ripening process requires a certain amount of fermentation. But the amount is usually less than 1% in grape juice.

So if you drank gallons of grape juice you could get a buzz? cool.

Folks, the above statement is an example of the reason why the fundamentalists have been driven to their insanity. :lol:

I was raised General Baptist of the 5 point remonstrant variety. Tee-totaling, dry county.

Interesting side note - the first time that my Dad ever tasted alcohol/wine was when they visited my church and had communion...

Their response?

Originally posted by Romans922
Originally posted by Swampguy
Fermentation takes place naturally without even adding yeast. There is naturally occuring yeast in the air. The ripening process requires a certain amount of fermentation. But the amount is usually less than 1% in grape juice.

So if you drank gallons of grape juice you could get a buzz? cool.

Folks, the above statement is an example of the reason why the fundamentalists have been driven to their insanity. :lol:

I was raised General Baptist of the 5 point remonstrant variety. Tee-totaling, dry county.

Interesting side note - the first time that my Dad ever tasted alcohol/wine was when they visited my church and had communion...

Their response?

non-response. This is one of those topics that I don't press unless pressed upon me. I even explained ahead of time that there was grape juice on the inner part of the tray. My dad has given me grief (can't think of any other way of putting it - not trying to be disrectful - if I was 1/10 as Godly as he was I would be a saint (in the Protestant sense of course!)) Growing up strict fundie, led me to "go off the deep end" in college and imbibe every form of liquor and drug known to man. I became a Christian mid-way through college and after giving some distance from the partying have been able to enjoy wine/beer in moderation now. Now I can truly drink to the glory of God. Of course that doesn't compute with my father. So I've never drank around him in order to flaunt my "liberty". We've had talks and it usually ends with me opening a Bible and asking him to sit down with me and convince me from Scripture that I shouldn't enjoy a glass of wine. Not in an openly challenging way but more of a don't add more laws to me - I can't even keep the one's God has proscribed much less other ones!

So with all of that said, I didn't bring it up after church. No real need to. Trying to undo a lot of contentious past. If we were in Israel back in the day - they could've dragged me to the gates justifiably if you know what I mean...(and no, this isn't to devolve into a theonomy thread if Jesus still said it should be done or not...even though he did...lol...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back