Posting on The Sabbath?

Should a strict believer in the 4th Commandment Post on the Sabbath?

• Yes

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone view the PB on Sunday, just to check it, see the banner at the top about, "Observe the Sabbath day and keep it holy" and feel pressure to not log in or post?

How does one post without typing?:confused:

I think the banner is less about discussing something like evangelical relativism/eschatology/the gospel in general and more about starting a thread about belly-button lint or commenting on who will win the Stanley Cup. :2cents:

Does anyone view the PB on Sunday, just to check it, see the banner at the top about, "Observe the Sabbath day and keep it holy" and feel pressure to not log in or post?

How does one post without typing?:confused:

I do not use my computer on the Lord's Day, so therefore I am not on the Puritan Board.

Since fellowship with other believers is a way of sanctifying the Lord's day, then I do not know why it would be wrong to post on the Sabbath.

I would agree with you Daniel as long as believers are encouraging one another and focusing on Spiritual things and not on who will win the world cup or the superbowl.

I try to stay away from the entertainment and sports categories, but this (the PB) is where I am spiritually fed (WRT Christian teaching) - I love PB'ing on the Sabbath. It would be no different to me than having one of you guys over for coffee after church and discussing theology (but seeing as how Rich, Pergy, and Duncan are my closest neighbors, it's just not in the cards. However, if you guys put yourselves through the trouble to come all the way, I'm happy to have you over any time!)

When I get a Sabbath Day off I would love to join you for coffee, brother. :)

What about eating food reaped on the Sabbath, or reading a Monday newspaper printed on the Sabbath?

I do it every sunday when my crop is bearing fruit. And thank the Lord for His provision.

In the summer I often pick raspberries or blueberries from our back yard on the Lord's Day. Along with eggs grabbed from the coop. It's not for putting up for the year--it hardly could be called labor. Instead it's more like what I imagine heaven to be like--refreshing food with virtually no effort. What a blessing the Lord provides so freely!

"And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands."

BTW, regarding the original question, I used to never turn on the computer on the Lord's Day. But I want to emphasize that I never thought it was a sin to do so, merely a personal distraction. News, gossip, flashy websites, whatever, all have a way of cluttering my already cluttered mind.

Now, because I've been pressed into moderator status, I do check in from time to time.

My main desire would be that everyone enjoy their fellowship with believers, either on PB or in person, in a peaceful and joyful fashion, edifying each other without peripheral distraction, and remembering as both a backdrop and as the foreground that it is indeed the Lord's Day. To him be all honor and glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back