Puritan Reformed Journal PRJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexanderjames

Puritan Board Junior
I'm quite interested in this journal which from the PRTS website shows the last edition in 2020.

Does anyone please know if there are any digital formats of any of the past volumes (PDF, EPUB, etc) for download/purchase?

I did find this old thread which has outdated links now -
 
I'm quite interested in this journal which from the PRTS website shows the last edition in 2020.

Does anyone please know if there are any digital formats of any of the past volumes (PDF, EPUB, etc) for download/purchase?

I did find this old thread which has outdated links now -
I have a couple of hard copies of the journal at home, I am currently away on vacation. If I get back and this is one of the journals I have, it's yours. I will mail it to you. I will not be back for another week. But I hope you can find it online if you can brother.
 
That is very kind of you indeed.

I will decline as I’m looking for a version to put on an e-reader (I’m trying to avoid any more physical books). I’m also in the UK so the delivery cost might put you off! Incidentally my attention was brought to the journal because I spotted someone selling a few volumes on eBay.
But thank you anyway.
 
If you have a tablet, I'm sure it would be easy enough to read them on it. Galaxie has the volumes up to 2014 for $5 a month. That is 12 Journals I believe. And if you are not familiar with Galaxie, that is $5 per month for their almost 1,000 volumes of Journals. The same $5 deal is available in Logos,
galxie.jpg
 

Puritan Reformed Journal, 12 vols. (2009-2020)​


$60

Keep your eye open for a coupon code that you can enter at checkout for a 10-20% discount.
 
Thanks both.
I don't suppose either of these provide a PDF (or epub/mobi/doc) download?
I don't use Logos and am not a fan of subscription services.
 
Thanks both.
I don't suppose either of these provide a PDF (or epub/mobi/doc) download?
I don't use Logos and am not a fan of subscription services.

Ask the publisher about these formats. I don't know if these journals are available in PDF, unless bootlegged. (Edit: The Journals may not be available free any longer due to ongoing costs to update the format for current software.)

What is your reason to not use Logos? You are not committing to make additional payments after the initial purchase.

FYI, the journals will have greater functionality in Logos format, than in PDF. For example, the journals will reformat to the display of your phone, tablet, or PC for efficient reading. You can adjust text size and spacing. Copy and paste includes citation.

The very nice subscription service with Galaxy mentioned above allows you use and evaluate for peanuts. If you find the waters are welcoming, you can continue the sub as needed or buy out right.
 
Last edited:
May I suggest reaching out to Victor Bravo or Rom or some of the other people that still frequent the site and see if they can shoot you the EPUB or MOBI files? At least for the volumes that were offered in 2013 when the initial post was offered? That should get you a few volumes at least.
 
Ask the publisher about these formats. I don't know if these journals are available in PDF, unless bootlegged. (Edit: The Journals may not be available free any longer due to ongoing costs to update the format for current software.)

What is your reason to not use Logos? You are not committing to make additional payments after the initial purchase.

FYI, the journals will have greater functionality in Logos format, than in PDF. For example, the journals will reformat to the display of your phone, tablet, or PC for efficient reading. You can adjust text size and spacing. Copy and paste includes citation.

The very nice subscription service with Galaxy mentioned above allows you use and evaluate for peanuts. If you find the waters are welcoming, you can continue the sub as needed or buy out right.
Fair points. I had just wanted to read them casually on an old Kindle ereader from time to time.
May I suggest reaching out to Victor Bravo or Rom or some of the other people that still frequent the site and see if they can shoot you the EPUB or MOBI files? At least for the volumes that were offered in 2013 when the initial post was offered? That should get you a few volumes at least.
I may give that a try.

I've reached out to PRTS so will see what they say first.
 
Perhaps you can assist with a Logos software question please - if I were to buy journal volumes on Logos could I export them to word documents and then send them to Kindle? Is that still possible?
 
Last edited:
Thanks both.
I don't suppose either of these provide a PDF (or epub/mobi/doc) download?
I don't use Logos and am not a fan of subscription services.
Send me a DM. If you have purchased them, I can see what I can workout for you. There are no ebooks of these.

Forgive me if it takes me a minute to respond. I am quite busy at the moment.
 
Perhaps you can assist with a Logos software question please - if I were to buy journal volumes on Logos could I export them to word documents and then send them to Kindle? Is that still possible?
Logos does not have a "send to Kindle" feature anymore. As far as exporting the texts, if you dont mind the work, it is possible, as Logos will export 100 pages at a time. But you still have to highlight the text you want exported, so there is no real difference from copy and pasting into Word, or highlighting the text and having Logos export it in DOCX format. This method can be a pain. If I were in your shoes, and had to choose between doing this, or just purchasing a $100 tablet to download the Logos app and read them like I would a Kindle, if possible I would choose the latter. While a few hundred pages may not seem much, doing so with 12-20 journals, all 500+ pages is definitely a chore.
 
I used to have the first four volumes on my Kindle. I read Volume 1 and that's the only one I have left. The old site is archived but the files don't appear to be. But it definitely had epub and kindle versions available for free. I'm attaching the one I have.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top