Purpose Driven Church Movement....Biblical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlandogal

Inactive User
The church is seeing this movement sweep the country. It does not fall right on my heart when I read about it, learn about its founder and see the seeker -sensitive, watered down results. I don't want to be a "divisive person", but can anyone else shed some light/thoughts on this subject? Thanks!

Question

Do you know why my everyone's posting was deleted? I saw that many people wrote a lot that I wanted to read but for some reason now it's gone and I can only see my original posting and Scotts, just underneath.

Originally posted by orlandogal
Do you know why my everyone's posting was deleted? I saw that many people wrote a lot that I wanted to read but for some reason now it's gone and I can only see my original posting and Scotts, just underneath.

It's a throwback to 1984, where history is rewritten and/or deleted. More likely, someone wrote something they regretted and deleted it themselves. I have done that once (that I can remember). Only the original author or one of the administrators can delete a post, As far as I know.

I think you may be right....

I think you may be right...there was a whole link of comments, like about 15 or so, then all of a sudden they were gone.....yes, and I read 1984.........I would hate to think that that could happen here on this site as it is christian based.

Originally posted by orlandogal
I think you may be right...there was a whole link of comments, like about 15 or so, then all of a sudden they were gone.....yes, and I read 1984.........I would hate to think that that could happen here on this site as it is christian based.

It can happen here, and it is their right. The Admins and Mods are very strict (and rightfully so) about what content can be allowed. In fact, I saw one banned member's posts get deleted altogether because he advocated Metcalfe's heresy. Here today, gone tomorrow.

I don't know how familiar you are with church controversies of the past. Think of it this way. Would the Nicean council have allowed for the Arian heresy to stand as an equal to the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Absolutely not! In fact, it was almost unanimously condemned (which is contrary to what the historical revisionist novelist Dan Brown would like for us to believe).

Try not to think of it as walking on eggshells, sister. There is a reason why certain things are done around here, and I am not about to argue with them about it.

(I think I have all my facts straight here. To the Admins and Mods, please correct me if there's something amiss in what I said.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back