Question for Mac-Heads???

Status
Not open for further replies.

etexas

Puritan Board Doctor
On my laptop on the icon where you access your network and check signal strength and all that good stuff there is an "option" I have NEVER understood: USE INTERFERENCE ROBUSTNESS.....now people, I thought I was dumb...and heck...maybe I am....but I did a Google on it! It seems like no one "gets" what the thing is? OK, PB folk....we have some smart people here....what the Dickens is that option???????????:candle:
 
It means that your computer will send out interference that only effects computers running Windows, preventing them from connecting to the wireless access point. You check that option when your buddy starts bragging about Vista. ;)

(j/k -- I don't know what it does!)
 
It means that your computer will send out interference that only effects computers running Windows, preventing them from connecting to the wireless access point. You check that option when your buddy starts bragging about Vista. ;)

(j/k -- I don't know what it does!)
Sad part....you almost had me going! Good one!;)
 
On my laptop on the icon where you access your network and check signal strength and all that good stuff there is an "option" I have NEVER understood: USE INTERFERENCE ROBUSTNESS.....now people, I thought I was dumb...and heck...maybe I am....but I did a Google on it! It seems like no one "gets" what the thing is? OK, PB folk....we have some smart people here....what the Dickens is that option???????????:candle:

Mac help says, "If you are using an AirPort Extreme wireless card and are experiencing network interference, you can use the status menu to turn on Interference Robustness."

I probably means that extra validations are done to avoid sending and receiving bad data.
 
On my laptop on the icon where you access your network and check signal strength and all that good stuff there is an "option" I have NEVER understood: USE INTERFERENCE ROBUSTNESS.....now people, I thought I was dumb...and heck...maybe I am....but I did a Google on it! It seems like no one "gets" what the thing is? OK, PB folk....we have some smart people here....what the Dickens is that option???????????:candle:

Mac help says, "If you are using an AirPort Extreme wireless card and are experiencing network interference, you can use the status menu to turn on Interference Robustness."

I probably means that extra validations are done to avoid sending and receiving bad data.
Friend, I am just a dim-witted Texas Businessman...I have no clue what that means...BUT you sound smart...I am going to take your word on it!:handshake:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top