QuickBooks Online - Accounting Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Presbyterian

Puritan Board Doctor
I am looking for recommendations for accounting software to be used for our church.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience using the software. What works best for tracking giving and expenses (payments) yet generates easy to read/understand reports?

Thanks.
 
We have used Quicken and Quickbooks. Quickbooks is better, although more expensive. The Quickbooks online version is nice because it does not need to reside on a PC and multiple users can access it.
 
We use the Nonprofit Quickbooks. It is very good. The only issue I have with them is that they do not have an upgrade price if you want to move to a newer version. I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and had to purchase Nonprofit 2010. The 2007 version would not run and they don't do upgrade patches either.

Other then that issue, I really like the program. Reporting is a snap.
 
Does anyone have any info on how to use QuickBooks Online? I've not used any type of software for church accounting, only spread sheets, and am wondering how/if you enter the giving information. Is it by individual? Can it be tracked and used to generate a statement at the end of the year? I like to know a little more from an experienced user before I take the plunge?
 
I am an accountant in public practice, and I use QB on a regular basis. In Canada we do not have the onlne version. The giving can be recorded either as totals (loose cash, for example), and/or can be tracked by individual giving, for year end tax receipts.
 
Quickbooks online is kind of limited and I would recommend having a local copy anyway.

I am a certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor and through that I can get you a decent discount (25% or 30% depending on which version you want). If you need help with setup or want to take advantage of the discount, just PM me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top