Red Sox Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by maxdetail
Thank you Bob, I have seen that site that tries to redeem Buckner's legacy. I have forgiven him. If the Sox can win the series I think they should have him throw out the first ball next season.
Wow, that'd be a nice gesture.

I think you may be farther along in the process than I am. As I mentioned, I'm about half-way there. I've forgiven, but I'm still working on the forget part. If only I could get the instant replay in my mind to stop. :lol:

Originally posted by Scott Bushey
I hold Calvin Schiraldi as responsible.........
That's a good point. I checked and his ERA stats for 1986 are pretty interesting:

Regular Season: 1.41
ALCS: 1.50
World Series: 13.50

I'm not farther along in the process Bob. It was a conditional suggestion. IF they win the series, THEN have him throw out the first balll.

If they lose the series, then let's hang his entrails from the Green Monster.

Oh let this series be the HEALING!

I'm not farther along in the process Bob. It was a conditional suggestion. IF they win the series, THEN have him throw out the first balll.

If they lose the series, then let's hang his entrails from the Green Monster.
:lol:
Oh let this series be the HEALING!
[fingers crossed]

Its looking good so far...

[/fingers crossed]

[Edited on 26-10-2004 by blhowes]

I'm looking forward to attending the victory parade in Boston when (or if) the Red Sox win the World Series. They estimated around 1 million were at the parade when the Patriots won the Super Bowl. They're expecting around 5 million for the Red Sox parade.

An Omen?

I've already shared that a Red Sox win would have cosmic and healing ramifications for me.

I didn't realize that during tonights game there will be a total eclipse of the moon. The moon will turn red! Tim LaHay and I will be on the edge of our seats. Go Sox!!!!:banana:

There is supposed to be a lunar eclipse during tonight's game. It will be the first in World Series history and perhaps the most widely-viewed ever. There won't be another lunar eclipse until 2007. If the Sox win, all of this will be very appropriate.

It is quite possible that worlds may collide if the Sox persevere.........

[Edited on 10-27-2004 by Scott Bushey]

If the Sox win, I can think of no reason why the Lord should tarry any longer. Let's wrap this this up. You arminians turn the lights off when you leave.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are expecting potentially 5 million people at the parade in honor of the Red Sox, which has tentatively been scheduled for Saturday.

Originally posted by luvroftheWord
The curse has ended! Yankee fans will have to find something else to make fun of Boston for. :p

We still have John Kerry and Ted Kennedy for that.

[Edited on 28-10-2004 by tcalbrecht]

...not to mention that annoying nasal accent;
"pahk the cah" ...
"drink a beah" ...
"let's pahty in Bahsten".....

Did the puritans talk like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back