Robert Rollock's Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Presbyterian

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Since I am graduating soon from Seminary (in 6 weeks) and will no longer have the luxury of the gargantuan and well-stocked Pittsburgh Seminary Library. So with the cash I received for Christmas I am looking at buying some "Works" collections to start to build the old library. I just got "Creeds of Christendom" and Keil and Delitzch.

Robert Rollock worth the price here?

I do not know about the price but the ones you have already bought I have and they are great, so so far so good :)

Since I am graduating soon from Seminary (in 6 weeks) and will no longer have the luxury of the gargantuan and well-stocked Pittsburgh Seminary Library. So with the cash I received for Christmas I am looking at buying some "Works" collections to start to build the old library. I just got "Creeds of Christendom" and Keil and Delitzch.

Robert Rollock worth the price here?

You might want to check RHB. I think the price there is the same or maybe a little cheaper.

$65.00 for a two volume set looks like a good deal to me. However if you are just starting out, I would recommend looking into QuickVerse. (QuickVerse.com) a Bible Study Software which has a ton of tools.

I spoke with one pastor who has a library full of books, but other than the titles of the books he has never read most of them. He strictly uses Bible Software. At the end of each year if he has any budget left over, he spends it up buying Bible Software.

10-4

-----Added 1/4/2009 at 06:07:27 EST-----

$65.00 for a two volume set looks like a good deal to me. However if you are just starting out, I would recommend looking into QuickVerse. (QuickVerse.com) a Bible Study Software which has a ton of tools.

I spoke with one pastor who has a library full of books, but other than the titles of the books he has never read most of them. He strictly uses Bible Software. At the end of each year if he has any budget left over, he spends it up buying Bible Software.

Understand and Thanks for the suggestions. I just cannot read on a computer. I get bad headaches.

For ST's, you should be acquiring (if you don't already have it) Turretin, a'Brakel, Rollock, Heppe, Bavinck, Hodge, Calvin, Warfield, Murray, Ursinus, and Van Genderen. I have found Rollock extremely helpful.

For ST's, you should be acquiring (if you don't already have it) Turretin, a'Brakel, Rollock, Heppe, Bavinck, Hodge, Calvin, Warfield, Murray, Ursinus, and Van Genderen. I have found Rollock extremely helpful.

I have Turretin, a'Brakel, Hodge, Calvin, and Ursinus.

Thanks Rev. Keister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back