SERMON: Cassette Tape --> Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romans922

Puritan Board Professor
Okay, without having to buy anything, I have a cassette player that has a headphone (OUT) jack. I plan on (unless you suggest otherwise) putting a cord into the headphone jack and then inputting the other end of that cord into my computer into the Microphone (IN) jack.

That should work, but now what program do I use to record the sermon which is on the cassette tape to the computer? Thus, I am looking for software.

Any help?
 
Use Audacity. It is very good. And, yes you can record just like you are saying. I've done it several times. You may have to play with the volume to avoid clipping, but it can be done.

I take it you are digitising some older already recorded sermons? If you are not, it would be wise to invest in a digital voice recorder. They are cheap and do a great job for recording sermons.
 
I have audacity...I've only used it to cut out audio...didn't know it recorded. HAHA, thanks guys.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top