Sick: Advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poimen

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
One or more of the families in the church have had what I am experiencing now: a bad stomach virus. There is no fever or any other related symptoms so I am not concerned but I was wondering if any of my wonderful Puritanboard friends have some advice for me.

I can't even keep a little bit of water down. What should I do?
 
Have you tried sipping on anything carbonated? Sometimes that helps to settle the stomach, and a bit of sugar that is in it may give you some energy. If you can't keep anything down for a long time, keep a close watch, because you don't want to get dehydrated.
 
I think you should really bone up on your vitamin c. The only thing that kicks a virus anyway is your own immune system. So, it makes sense to get that going. Of course, it is difficult if you can't keep anything down. So, I agree with Joy Baldwin's advice, but then after you can keep something down, I recommend emergen-c, which is purchasable at your local Walmart. Just dissolve one of the packets in water or juice.
 
Thanks. If I feel better later I will get some ginger ale. Right now I am just trying to survive. Ughh!
 
So sorry you feel poorly, I am home with the flu today, and I don't feel much better, but at least I have an appetite, and I can keep food down.
 
My youngest child is home today with what you have, Daniel. Not much you can do except sleep it off and follow the good advice by Joy and Lane. Avoiding dehydration is important. If your issue is diarrhea, you could try imodium. I always have mixed feelings about it. While it puts a chemical plug in the dike, it seems counterintuitive to block up what your body is trying to flush out. In order to prevent dehydration, I always try to get some Gatoraid into me to keep up the balance of the electrolytes.
 
One or more of the families in the church have had what I am experiencing now: a bad stomach virus. There is no fever or any other related symptoms so I am not concerned but I was wondering if any of my wonderful Puritanboard friends have some advice for me.

I can't even keep a little bit of water down. What should I do?
You might want to try something like Gatoraid too. You do not want to become dehydrated.

DTK
 
I would recommend Emergen-C over Gatorade, because Emergen-C has far less sugar than Gatorade, while having most of the same minerals and nutrients.
 
Thank you Traci.

One of my elders was nice enough to go out and get some Ginger Ale for me and I am starting to feel better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top