Originally posted by Puritanhead
Has anyone played this new game from Electronic Arts-- a.k.a.
SimCity? Is it any good? Does it grow boring after a while? It looks neat
[Edited on 8-5-2005 by Puritanhead]
The above is an excellent game, in entertainment and professional value.
If you are an aspiring Economist, Entrepeneur, Executive of Business Owner, this is a good game to sharpen your skills.
I lent a former co worker a copy, who is a Political Science Major, he usually analyzes the impact his policies would have, on a growing economy. Sad to say he never returned it.
But my favorite is Sim City 3000 though.
But I advise anyone, who is majoring in Economics, Political Science, International Politics or Business to get this game etc (Tropico is also a good game).
To build a good well working City, without cheats, with good healthcare, transportation, low pollultion and employment would take you about 2 months of at least 1 hour per day.
But at the end, it is all worth it.
One thing that sucks is when you run a city into the ground, a la George Bush policies heheheheh. trust me, tax cuts don't always work. I usually raise taxes on the high polluting industry, and lower it on the biotech, and it companies. and the taxes that I raise from the high polluting industry, I would throw it into healthcare and police.
Lottery is a good source of income as well as gambling, but being a Christian, you will have to forgo income from these areas.
Always purchase your neighbor's trash. Military bases are good sources of employment too.