What Browser Do You Use?

From Wence Browser Do You View the PB?

  • Firefox

    Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Chrome

    Votes: 18 20.7%
  • I Use a Mac

    Votes: 13 14.9%
  • IE

    Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Opera

    Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other

    Votes: 5 5.7%

  • Total voters
    87
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am torn at the moment. I am still loyal to Firefox overall, but it currently has a bug where pages "disappear". So I've been using Chrome quite a bit recently.
 
I use the Tabula Rasa browser. It is free of all cookies every time I use it. It has no memory of any misspellings, errors, or stupid online comments. When I close the browser it wipes every thing clean. I get a fresh start the next time I log in.
 
I use a Mac AND I use Google Chrome. I had issues with FireFox, which I really liked. But, alas, I had to switch.
 
I'm partial to safari's "top pages" feature where you can have 6, 12, or 24 of your favorite websites always available.
 
Firefox.

I did try Safari for a while but did not think it was as good as Firefox although I did like the top pages feature. I like the add-ons that come with Firefox and like the layout.
 
Have been using Firefox without problems for the most part, but have just started a trial run with Opera, since I'm switching everything to open source anyway.
 
I've been using Chrome for a couple months now. Was a Firefox user for a few years, but it was too slow and too "busy". I like the simplicity of Chrome.
 
For those of you that use Opera, how did you choose it? What benefits does it offer. I know nothing about it.
 
I'm partial to safari's "top pages" feature where you can have 6, 12, or 24 of your favorite websites always available.

Firefox has something similar, by the way. How many are visible depends on how long each label is-- PB or Puritan Board, for example. I have room for 15 and haven't really shortened any, so 24 would be doable.
 
I am somewhat new to Chrome, but I love it. It seems to have all the functionality of Firefox, but runs so much leaner. It is perfect for my netbook.
 
For those of you that use Opera, how did you choose it? What benefits does it offer. I know nothing about it.
I like Operas tabbed browsing and its speed dial functions. I chose it because I thought it would be compatible with the Opera Mini I had on my PDA.
 
I said 'other'. I use SeaMonkey most of the time on Linux; I use Firefox when on Windows (which I am at the moment.)
 
Usually I use Firefox, though my PC also has Opera and Chrome installed, both of which I also use, often all three will be running at once. Or at least, I did have all three, until my PC'c hard drives crashed a few weeks back; now it doesn't run at all.
Currently I'm using Safari on a friend's Mac notebook I've borrowed.
 
I did mis-speak, Fred. Thanks for the correction.

EDIT: Hey, wait a minute! Open Source is obscure and not used by anybody. Firefox isn't obscure and everybody uses it. Opera is obscure and makes me think I'm some sort of geek, but without any of the work. So there. :lol:
 
Last edited:
Have been using Firefox without problems for the most part, but have just started a trial run with Opera, since I'm switching everything to open source anyway.

You're backwards. Opera is closed source (gratis free) and Firefox is open source (libre free).

But for what it's worth, I use Chrome when in Windows (not too often, although that is the case now) and Firefox on free Unices. I used to use Chrome on Linux, but lately I've been using OpenBSD and OpenSolaris to which Chrome has not been ported.

Opera is nice too though.

But I'll vote Firefox.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top