What do PB members do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a student (hopefully) graduating with a BSN in two months. I'm also a nurse tech on a trauma orthopaedics floor (but we get a lot of overflow med/surg & ICU step-down patients).

I'm a mother with grown kids, and small grandkids, who has gone back to work. I am an accountant/bookkeeper/office manager, as well as the safety watch for an oil tank moving, and tank re-foundationing company. When on site, I watch for safety violations and make sure all our employees are wearing their personal protective gear, and following all our safety procedures. Though we are a Canadian company, we did a lot of work in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, in moving the oil refinery tanks back on to their foundations after their floated off. I do not have a work visa for the U.S. so I was not on any of those U.S. jobs, but my husband, who is a part owner of the company, worked down there for about 5 months last year.

I.T. at Local Hospital. Meditech Software--NPR Report Writer, Crystal Reporting, MS Reporting Services Reporting--Clinical and Finiancial Reporting for our Hospital. Also a Nurse, but haven't practiced in quite a while.

Middle School Band director,

I am thinking we have something in common. How long have you been teaching? I have been a band director for 10 years now. I went to Arkansas Tech University. I play the Trombone...Conn 88H. Tell me more about your career.

I'm a professional dancer

325.jpg

Computer Tutor, PC Repairman and I sell PC's with PCLinuxOS pre-installed. I don't do MS Windows :)

I teach Religious Studies (mainly Christian) in England. My special (though not exclusive) interest is the 16th century period. I am no expert but know a bit about it. I enjoy Luther and Calvin – though I am a Baptist!

By Day: Web Designer/Software Trainer
At Night: Graduate Student, Student Minister

NAPA Auto Parts delivery driver (yes, the white trucks with a big, yellow hat on top)

Day Care worker
Retail warehouse inventory stocker
Retail dog food salesman
Marine Corps boot camp kick-out (as opposed to drop-out)...medical stuff
Research assistant in a nuclear engineering undergrad program
Professional apartment cleaner
Janitor
Buyer and seller of used cars

and my longest lasting job, currently an operations supervisor at a major shipping company.

And still a full-time student. One of these days I'll graduate. Learning is awesome. School stinks.

Well, Jeremy, school is only where you learn how to learn, that's all. Your real learning happens after you're done going to school.

But it looks like you're doing both right now.

Commercial credit officer at JPMorganChase bank.

Also part time woodworker thanks to JohnV!! Thanks to John's 3" rule, I still have all my fingers!

Commercial credit officer at JPMorganChase bank.

Also part time woodworker thanks to JohnV!! Thanks to John's 3" rule, I still have all my fingers!

Distance education was in another thread, Wayne. :D

But I'm glad I was of some help. What have you made so far?

Distance education was in another thread, Wayne. :D

But I'm glad I was of some help. What have you made so far?

I have made a blanket chest, router table, entertainment center, hamper, medicine chest and other items for the shop (formerly the garage). I'm also working on a nice pile of firewood! The entertainment center took a while but I made raised panelled doors and dovetailed all the drawers for the CD's and tapes.

I have also learned a few things on my own:

1. Flat and square = good

2. not flat and square = custom :D

I have made a blanket chest, router table, entertainment center, hamper, medicine chest and other items for the shop (formerly the garage). I'm also working on a nice pile of firewood! The entertainment center took a while but I made raised panelled doors and dovetailed all the drawers for the CD's and tapes.

I have also learned a few things on my own:

1. Flat and square = good

2. not flat and square = custom :D

:lol: By George, I think he's got it.

So you made raised panel doors and dove-tailed drawers? Wow, I'm impressed. I think you could say that Wayne is a bonafide woodworker.

I used to make all kinds of different drawers for different customers. There were VanTillian drawers, that looked good but went in circles; there were Klinean drawers that looked better, but didn't hold much; there were Classical drawers that looked deep, but just didn't fit all the pans; and then since we hit Y2K there were millennium drawers, which were drawer fronts with nothing behind them yet. But no dove-tail drawers, as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back