CatechumenPatrick
Puritan Board Freshman
I read an article by Sam Storms today on what he calls himself: a "Calvinistic, charismatic, complementarian, Christian hedonist." One of the main problems in Western, contemporary Christianity (I think) is that it often goes no deeper than a set of (cliché) labels. Of course I am not referring to Sam Storms, but it made me think about the labels I use. I try to stick with confessional and reformed --any other common labels seem too misleading, vague, and misrepresented. What do you call yourself? Do you ever say you're a "Calvinist"? I do only around a certain few people whom I am sure understand what I mean. I prefer confessional and reformed because they refer to an entire worldview, a worldview attempting to be thoroughly biblical, and not to some particular beliefs requiring a dozen other labels to explain the rest of my worldview as well. What about you?




