Puritan Board Freshman
This will be my 1st anniversary in October 2023 since joining the Puritan Board and I wanted to reflect on everything I have learned, re-learned and how it has changed certain aspects of my life for the better. Since I like bulleted simplicity I have listed this stuff below in order of importance:
- No Question Tabu: The members of PB tackle honest questions without rancor or judgment, gently handling the weak in faith (of which I certainly am) with wisdom and care. The percentage of "Law Runners" Is minute embolding true conversation and debate. There is nothing like this in any Protestant circles that I have been associated with. I look at this board as an oasis of good theology, good advice and good company.
- Opening the Scriptures: There have been times when I had a question about a passage in the bible that was unspoken but always lurking in the back of my mind. Then seemingly out of nowhere, someone would answer my unspoken question enabling me to put it to rest. The depth and scope of biblical knowledge on this forum is a treasure.
- Firming Up My Christian Stance: Along with church, prayer and bible study, this forum has taught me how to proceed in Christ in everyday life without the constant "how am I doing God?" syndrone. With candor and wisdom, the guys and gals on this forum demonstrated to me that I am no different than them and I must be patient in my walk. Christ will answer in His time.
- The Assurance of Belonging: I really cannot understand the reputation Calvinists have of being judgmental and clannish. I have never met a more open honest bunch of people in my life. This forum is a great example of the best of Calvinism.
- New Respect for Reformist Founders: Thanks to this forum I have been exposed to books written by puritan reformists in times past that I would have never even heard of let alone read. Some have become my favorites like Toplady and Pink. Again, invaluable!
- Many thanks to all! It is a privilege and an honor to be a member of this forum.