"working" persons only?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyFlynt

Inactive User
"working" persons only?!...update

We just received our list of electives for the next set of sabbath school classes. Hubby was looking at the Harmony of the Gospels. Then we notice it says, "will be limited to 20 'working' persons." (wfw)

WHAT?! Boy don't I feel like chopped liver. What the dickens is in the HOTG that only relates to "working" people?!
 
Last edited:
I'm guessing that I am missing something here as so many views and silence.

This is why I posted...am I missing something???
 
Does your church really mean that only those who hold down a "9 to 5" job can attend? If so then that sounds a bit screwy.

BTW, what is HOTG?
 
I did contact the church...they knew nothing and told me to call the leaders of the class. I did. Apparently they are "working"...I got the answering machine. I'm awaiting their return call. I promise to behave...but I'm interested in how they explain this.
 
Awesome!!!!

The gent called me back. His "working" meant he didn't want ppl that would just sit there and listen. This is going to be an indepth ACTIVE class (guessing like a seminary course).

Poor guy figured what my question was going to be...he just didn't have room for his explaination on paper. :blush:
 
:lol: I just caught this thread.

Frankly, I would have brought Sonya either way. I had to watch all three younguns yesterday for an hour while she was at a hospital appointment. I met her at the hospital and walked them around and to the store. It was fun but it was a relief to get back to my office. My job is much easier. At least I don't have to worry about any of my Marines picking up things off the ground and putting them in their mouth or getting hit by a passing car. On that note, James saw an ear plug on the ground and said "What's this?" Before I could answer it was in his mouth. It looked like a marshmallow but it was still stuff in a parking lot. Oy vay!
 
Couldn't he have put "active participants" instead of working persons?

Indeed it should have been. Yet a wife and a mother IS a working person, fulfilling one of most important tasks in the world. Would to God more married women focused their enegries to this most noble of vocations!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top