Youtube to mp3 converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How familiar are you with the command line?

If you're on a linux system, or can use the windows subsystem for linux, then this is pretty reliable: https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

After installing, you'd enter the command: youtube-dl -x --audio-format mp3 [video link here]

@83r17h, what other audio formats can one use here? And can I do video downloads this way as well?

@83r17h, what other audio formats can one use here? And can I do video downloads this way as well?

I've used it for m4a mostly. According to their page, you can do aac, flac, mp3, m4a, opus, vorbis and wav audio formats. If you want the full video, take out the "-x" (that is the extract audio option), and then choose the video format with "-f [format]" from a list of formats (you get this list by using the "-F" option for a video, and it displays the available formats).

Is there a fairly simple tool that will download videos from Facebook or websites? I know those are generally protected against being downloaded. How would you go about trying to save such media in case it disappears from the internet?

Is there a fairly simple tool that will download videos from Facebook or websites? I know those are generally protected against being downloaded. How would you go about trying to save such media in case it disappears from the internet?
I just recently discovered a tool for downloading videos from Reddit. I’ll have to Google it again. Maybe there’s one for Facebook—sorry, “Meta.”

@BayouHuguenot, check out “ytdl.” I think it has an audio-only feature. If you don’t mind a little bit of a learning curve (e.g., using the command line), it is the safest option, and the program is stored locally on your computer.

I use this one: https://snapdownloader.com/

It's not free, but it can do audio and video. It also works for more sites than just youtube. Basically, you put in a link and it will pull down the video or audio. For video, you can also tell it just to get the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back