11 Things You Will Never Hear On The PB

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Anyone going to the Passion Conference in Nashville next month?"

"I was getting really burnt out on Reformed perspectives on parenting, and then I went to Promise Keepers...."

"My church did 'Humble Thyself' to the tune of 'Bullet the Blue Sky' last Sunday..."

"Maybe if we start covering Sting's "If I ever Lose My Faith in You", we'd be more relevant to today's culture"

"How marvelous it will be when the sacrifical system is reinstated in Jerusalem!"

Andrew, does your wife ever get compared to a certain contemporary Christian female singer?

Not sure who you're referring to. Clue me in.

Since you're listening, I guess I'll post this site where some studio proofs are being temporarily posted from our forthcoming CD. Some of it is lame, and some is good:

www.c5music.com/maniladrive

let me know what you think.

And sorry if I dissed on your passion stuff. I actually like SOME of the stuff myself. I still think M. Redman is a good songwriter, for the most part.

Let me know what you think of the proofs.

And download them or whatever, but if you do like them, you have to buy our cd if it ever materializes. :sing:

[Edited on 1-18-2005 by ARStager]

Paul Manata: "I disagree with Van Til on this issue..."

Fred T Greco: "Now that's one point, among many, on which I totally disagree with the Confession..."

Matthew McMahon: "New article on APuritan's mind defending congregationalism."

[Edited on 18-1-2005 by Dan....]

Originally posted by Dan....
Fred T Greco: "Now that's one point, among many, on which I totally disagree with the Confession..."

Exclusive Ps...nevermind, that's a :worms: that shall not be opened in this thread!

"What Would Jesus Do?"

"Could you alliterate that for clarification, please?"
[a la Adrian Rogers]

"But without an alliteration spake he not unto them..." (Mark 4:34, TCB Version)

"Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses an acceptable denomination? After all, they love Jesus too!"

"Oh... Well, wasn't their founder a Calvinist?"

"We had fifty people walk the aisle last night!"

"The Session will meet this Tuesday to decide whether to open a StarBucks or Krispy Kreme stand at the front enterance."

"I think we should change TULIP to TIP ... or maybe just call it 'T'."

"Rom 8:29 is better translated: For whom he did look into the future and see that they would respond to His Word, he also did offer His salvation to them, knowing that they would respond to it, thus saving them, to be conformed, when they thought it convenient, to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."

FredTGreco: "New rule, KJV only!"

[Edited on 2-7-2005 by Jonathan]

I just got Joel Olsteen's latest book! I can't wait to discover the 7 steps on how to live my life to it's fullest potential!

yhst-51765180479036_1829_1580901.gif

Do you want to borrow it when I'm done?

Oh BOY! There is a prophecy conference I can attend instead of the Ligonier Ministries conference! Tim LaHaye is sooooo much more godly than that Sproul fella! :barfy:

Session has announced that we are opening a coffeehouse and Christian bookstore in place of the library. We are brewing our own special coffee blend! :bigsmile: So come and buy some to support your church

[Edited on 2-27-2005 by calgal]

Originally posted by calgal
Oh BOY! There is a prophecy conference I can attend instead of the Ligonier Ministries conference! Tim LaHaye is sooooo much more godly than that Sproul fella! :barfy:

Session has announced that we are opening a coffeehouse and Christian bookstore in place of the library. We are brewing our own special coffee blend! :bigsmile: So come and buy some to support your church

[Edited on 2-27-2005 by calgal]

Hehehe. I know you. $$$

Originally posted by 4ndr3w
I just got Joel Olsteen's latest book! I can't wait to discover the 7 steps on how to live my life to it's fullest potential!

yhst-51765180479036_1829_1580901.gif

Do you want to borrow it when I'm done?

Like Joel said, "God just wants to prosper you. If you aren't prospering, you just don't want it bad enough."

I was a Presbyterian...

I was a Presbyterian, but now I am Baptist...

everyone knows presbyterians are too stubborn to ever change over.;)

Originally posted by 5Solas
Joyce Meyers is one Godly woman.

The FR website is Calvinist friendly.

[Edited on 2-27-2005 by 5Solas]

Obviously a man with the gift of discernment :)

There are very few "Calvinist friendly" places, but to be sure FR could be listed as the least friendly on the net.
The problem is that they just do not say "please go away" they just allow others to bully Calvinists and then blame the victim..
But who ever said having God sovereign would ever be easy in this life?

Originally posted by rnmomof7
" Can't we all just get along?"

Doctrine doesn't matter

Let's get the drama and praise band going! WE have to save the sinners out there! God is counting on US! :deadhorse:

Because YOU gave faithfully, you will prosper! So go out there and Name and Claim that reward :barfy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back