Car Repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
I have just learned the hard way that Hyundai parts are some of the most expensive to get.

So which cars would you consider the cheapest to fix?
 
I have just learned the hard way that Hyundai parts are some of the most expensive to get.

So which cars would you consider the cheapest to fix?

Sounds like you've never dealt with a German car.

I'll second older American cars for the cheapest parts. They were so poorly made, there was a huge market for parts, meaning lower costs and larger selection. There should be large supplies from your local pick and pull lot, and most auto parts stores can get you whatever you need. Want a really good deal on a 94 Buick Century? (Speak fast - it is about to go to a local donation program; I've currently have it offered to another DTS student, but I don't think it meets his standards.)

If your car is out of warranty, never get it fixed at the dealer - find a local guy you can trust.
 
I assume you are buying new parts? I always buy from a breakers yard if the finish is not that important. I saved 60% on the last set of door straps I bought.

Japanese models are more reliable needing fewer new parts ... ... you found out the rest!:moneywings:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top