Car Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmpem

Puritan Board Junior
If a car changes owners while it's still under warranty, does the change in ownership affect the warranty?

Here's the situation if anyone's interested:

An elderly woman who goes to my church is having some car trouble. While I'm not up on all the details as to what is wrong (and that I don't know anything about cars), I know that multiple mechanics have told her that her engine needs lots of work done on it. If memory serves, it's a 2001 Toyota Corrolla. It was formerly owned by Enterprise Rent-a-Car, but she bought it in 2002 when they were selling some of their cars.
 
If a car changes owners while it's still under warranty, does the change in ownership affect the warranty?

Here's the situation if anyone's interested:

An elderly woman who goes to my church is having some car trouble. While I'm not up on all the details as to what is wrong (and that I don't know anything about cars), I know that multiple mechanics have told her that her engine needs lots of work done on it. If memory serves, it's a 2001 Toyota Corrolla. It was formerly owned by Enterprise Rent-a-Car, but she bought it in 2002 when they were selling some of their cars.

01 Toyotas came with a 3 yr. 36,000 mile comprehensive warranty and a 5yr 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. Unless she purchased some type of extended warranty most likely there is no warranty on the car now. I'd call a dealer and give them the serial number to the car and they could tell you.
 
I just don't know what to tell her about what she should do about her car. She's really shy and won't say anything to others at church if she thinks it would provoke someone to set time aside to work on her car. In her mind, she doesn't want to be a burden to anyone else.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top