Computer Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
right now just x-box

Halo
Morrowind

When Halo 2 comes out (x-box live compatible) we should get a team of puritans together and go out to slaughter the heathen! Can I hear a "Jihad!!!!" No... wait... that would involve shouting... we don't do that.

Just been playing Hola tonight at my friends, needlessly brutal and violent but apart from that excellent, I love the monastery music though..... Actually I haven't owned a game console since I was a kid and boy they have changed a lot, it's the first time I felt old. I used have the nintendo 8 bit. Favorite game Kung Fu, my brother and I got in the nintendo magazine for top scores (my only claim to fame) :banana:

VanVos

[Edited on 5-30-2004 by VanVos]

[quote:2df7a0d7c0][i:2df7a0d7c0]Originally posted by FrozenChosen[/i:2df7a0d7c0]
Does anyone here ever indulge in the occasional computer game? If so, what games do you play? I'm guessing you Reformed folks like strategy...it's the thinking man's game, well, one kind of them.

Anyways, if you have any that have multiplayer options, let's see if we can get a group of PBers at each other's throats in a video game, and not in theology! :p [/quote:2df7a0d7c0]

I have Serious Sam installed on all my computers. I team up with my two kids and we slay the monsters together. I have the gore set to "hippie". Instead of blood, flowerd pop out of them when you shoot em. That then leave little piles of flowerd instead of dead monsters on the ground. Its real fun when my 9 yr old calls out to me from his room to cover the back while he and his brother try to find a way out of the mazes. Sometimes you hear "watch out Dad there are a bunch comming your way".

Great for a rainy day.

Sometimes I set it to frag-match and we can play against each other.

I play BF1942 online probably too much. Not for the kids because you play against other players and some folks get pretty vulgar online.

I play Halo at work when one of these younger guys manages to bring an X-box in. It's fun. The enlisted guys love it when I play too because it gives them a justified opportunity to beat on an officer. :bs2:

I have some PC games at home:
Civilization 2
Ceaser III
X-wing
Sim City
Tachyon

But I really don't have much time to play them anymore.

I have many games, lots of soccer playing and management ones particularly, along with sim-justabouteverything. I also have a japanese strategy game called Takeda. But my favourite game is Risk II. Nothing like it!

[quote:0507ff1d9e]ANyone wanna play Tuesday evening? StarCraft?[/quote:0507ff1d9e]

It depends on how many people play. I prefer to play team games rather than one on one just because I do much better when I know somebody's got my back.

[quote:fb569d365c][i:fb569d365c]Originally posted by calvinistkid[/i:fb569d365c]
right now just x-box

Halo
Morrowind

When Halo 2 comes out (x-box live compatible) we should get a team of puritans together and go out to slaughter the heathen! Can I hear a "Jihad!!!!" No... wait... that would involve shouting... we don't do that. [/quote:fb569d365c]

Yeah, we can start a clan called the "Reformers". With Xbox live you can chat with each other real-time and talk theology :scholar: while annihilating the enemy. :D

[Edited on 5-31-2004 by Augusta]

I was playing computer games for quite some time, but it became to expensive to keep upgrading. Now, I play my XBox, which never needs upgrading, and I always know that it will play the latest releases. I recently beat Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. It was a rewarding and lovely experience, defending America from evildoers who sought the destruction of the good people of America: particularly via a deadly smallpox plague.

Now, everywhere I go, I notice the shadows and wonder to myself whether they will properly hide me, should a terrorist happen to mosey around the corner.

Can I get an "Amen!" on the Halo?

And ya just gotta love computer Risk, especially the Europe map!

And, yes, I'll admit my nerd status...Slime Volleyball! (And virtually any other game at http://www.addictinggames.com!)

Also, does anyone else here like, or even know about, JezzBall?

Chris

Starcraft is sidelined for me, technical issues. I'll try and get them resolved soon. I may just try and find a version of it by itself (they usually package SC and BW together now).

It amazes me that games like Diablo, Quake and Unreal Tourament are mentioned here. These games are very violent and very non-christian.

I don't think God wants us to entertain with games where you can kill with a chainsaw for fun or you are called "Godlike" when you kill 25 persons in a row without being killed.

I have to fight against making games an idol in my life, I really do. I own many PC games, an XBox, a PS2, and a Game Cube. I even still play my Sega Dreamcast once in a while!

Right now I am playing NCAA 2005 on the PS2.

PC wise I like Unreal Tournament and Far Cry.

I also must say Painkiller is an amazing game even though it's theology is HORRID! (God gets a guy out of Purgatory to take out demon leaders)

[Edited on 7/17/2004 by houseparent]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back