JvMill
Puritan Board Sophomore
Hey friends,
Hope you are doing well. I seem to (mis?)remember a quote where a 1689 thinker called the covenants made with Israel covenants according to God's common grace, or something similar, as opposed to saving grace. The only two I have read in full are Denault and Renihan's Mystery of Christ.
Does anything come to mind? I also could have read it in an article or heard it on a podcast, as a representation of the view or a critique against it. If such is the case, it is a lost cause. I simply wonder if any of you recall such a quote (or idea) in the two books above.
I also could have made it up.
Those who subscribe to 1689, also feel free to comment on whether such an idea is an accurate representation of the view, or not.
In Christ,
Hope you are doing well. I seem to (mis?)remember a quote where a 1689 thinker called the covenants made with Israel covenants according to God's common grace, or something similar, as opposed to saving grace. The only two I have read in full are Denault and Renihan's Mystery of Christ.
Does anything come to mind? I also could have read it in an article or heard it on a podcast, as a representation of the view or a critique against it. If such is the case, it is a lost cause. I simply wonder if any of you recall such a quote (or idea) in the two books above.
I also could have made it up.
Those who subscribe to 1689, also feel free to comment on whether such an idea is an accurate representation of the view, or not.
In Christ,