Maybe the best Luke commentary ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea. We can open it up again in 500 years or so and continue the debate. :lol:

I just opened my 2 vols of Ryken's Reformed Expository Commentary on Luke.

So far, all of the acolades by people like Richard Phillips seem on target. What a blessed addition to my library. Thank you, Lane, for the tip.

"Simply the finest expository commentary I have read in twenty years."
- Richard D. Phillips, Senior Minister, Second Presbyterian Church, Greenville, SC

Last edited:
After two years, I am just about done preaching through Luke and therefore just about done with Ryken's commentary. It truly is a wonderful modern commentary reflecting what is obviously a very long preaching career on Ryken's part. I would even recommend it as a family devotional.

:up:

After two years, I am just about done preaching through Luke and therefore just about done with Ryken's commentary. It truly is a wonderful modern commentary reflecting what is obviously a very long preaching career on Ryken's part. I would even recommend it as a family devotional.

:up:

Thank you Pastor for posting it and for an example of faithfulness in expository preaching, 2 years is a long time but your congregation received a solid foundation on the Life, Teaching and Work of Christ.

Considering some rather interesting exchange of posts above, I guess now there's only 498 years left before Ryken's makes it as the best Luke commentary available ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back