Poll: Where do you stand?

Poll: Where do you stand?

• Westminster Confession of Faith

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Westminster Confession of Faith (with American Revisions)

Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Belgic Confession

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heidelberg Catechism

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Canons of Dordt

• 1689 London Baptism Confession of Faith

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • The Second Helvetic Confession

• Apostle's Creed

• Nicene Creed

• Athanasian Creed

• Definitions of Chalcedon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
it occurred to me afterwards that America had in actual fact originally been settled by Congregationalists or Independents if you will!

I don't think that's what King James had in view in his Charter to the Virginia Company " We, greatly commending, and graciously accepting of, their Desires for the Furtherance of so noble a Work, which may, by the Providence of Almighty God, hereafter tend to the Glory of his Divine Majesty, in propagating of Christian Religion to such People, as yet live in Darkness and miserable Ignorance of the true Knowledge and Worship of God, and may in time bring the Infidels and Savages, living in those parts, to human Civility, and to a settled and quiet Government: DO, by these our Letters Patents, graciously accept of, and agree to, their humble and well-intended Desires"

Daniel, as a fellow Northern Irishman, I would encourage you to read Luke 5:38 "But new wine must be put into fresh wineskins."

You can interpret the new wine as the 1689 Baptist Confession.

As is evident from your exegesis of Luke 5:38, Kiwis know little of either good wine or good theology; I would stick to playing rugby. ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back