Berean
Puritanboard Commissioner
Anyone who went to Catholic grade school in the 50's or 60's should remember "buying pagan babies" during lent. You'd save up your pocket change and then give it to the nun or teacher who sent it to the "Pontifical Association of the Holy Childhood" to buy pagan babies (they later changed it to "adopt"). Then you'd get a certificate (can be found online with a 2C violation image) "...as a souvenir of the Ransom and Baptism of an adopted Pagan Baby named..."
The same Holy Childhood organization sold the RC version of Christmas Seals which we had to peddle on the streets and to relatives.
I think this is one of the most insane sentences I've ever read. Does the RC really do these things???!
Which sentence was that, Craig? I don't know if they still do these things, but they were doing them in the 60's.
Edited evidence:

